IGNORED

Space Harrier...

Well,

call me impatient, but it has been years (2 or 3?) since the first downloadable version of Space Harrier appeared. At that time we all agreed, that Sheddy should only make one demo/test version (with 1 level) to save time for programming and testing the rest of the game. Now, years later the game still is not finished and afaik Sheddy wants to make it a Mega or Super Cartridge...

Sounds like I am complaining here... no I am not !! Ok, I think no-one thought it would take that long to finish the game - if I remember correctly Sheddy reached level 5 before he restarted the work for the cart version. So, how about releasing a new downloadable 130XE disk version with these 5 levels...???

I love that game and I cannot wait to have a version with some more playable levels... And er, right now I cannot see if the game with its originally 18 levels will ever befinished, so a new downloadable version with more than just 1 level would be great !! And hey, Sheddy you have done great work so far - please don`t take my impatience too hard...

greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

Well,

call me impatient, but it has been years (2 or 3?) since the first downloadable version of Space Harrier appeared.

Yep, you're impatient. We poor Falcon users have waited seven years since the last demo of New Beat's Willie's Adventures, a brilliant Rayman style platformer with great graphics and music.

Sorry for your frustrations, but I'd rather not go down the route of releasing a partial game.

If I did have to give up on the game I will release everything to the community so interested parties can have a look or even continue it.

But until then or when the game is ready, don't expect to hear too much...I'm embarassed about how long things have taken, and I'll be hiding in the corner!

(Note to new homebrew developer's - try not to announce anything until you've nearly finished, or make sure you know exactly what you're doing!)

• 2 weeks later...

Just keep up the awesome work, I was really impressed with what was shown. A positive way to look at people wondering and being impatient is that they are looking forward to when it is finished :-) certainley better than no one caring! I, however, am patient and will simply offer encouragement.

Sorry for your frustrations, but I'd rather not go down the route of releasing a partial game.  

If I did have to give up on the game I will release everything to the community so interested parties can have a look or even continue it.

But until then or when the game is ready, don't expect to hear too much...I'm embarassed about how long things have taken, and I'll be hiding in the corner!

(Note to new homebrew developer's - try not to announce anything until you've nearly finished, or make sure you know exactly what you're doing!)

Sheddy I disagree with your annoucement post - Even if al I get to play was they demo you sent out I am more amazed by my 130XE than ever before. Seeing the potential is just as good - Im waiting patiently also but am greatful to have played a little bit.

Same with Super Mario Bros clone (analmux ;) ) - Awesome to see whats been done. I can hold out awhile longer!

on the homebrew comment, my only point was that if a demo comes out only a few months or so before the game is finished, everyone is happier all round. I just feel in retrospect that it is worth holding back until you know you're ready for sure.

I misjudged how long it would take me to finish the game - but I'm glad people have enjoyed the demo. It is still my intention to finish the full game, and the status of "resting" isn't strictly true anymore ;)

thanks all for the encouragement :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for your frustrations' date=' but I'd rather not go down the route of releasing a partial game.

[/quote']

Don't be. Things take as long as they take. At least you're doing a better job than I did in the past ... one project took two years before I finally scrapped it. :(

Homebrewers have a life outside their projects - usually. :D

Sounds like I am complaining here... no I am not !! Ok, I think no-one thought it would take that long to finish the game - if I remember correctly Sheddy reached level 5 before he restarted the work for the cart version. So, how about releasing a new downloadable 130XE disk version with these 5 levels...???

Isn't Sheddy doing this in his spare time ... and not for profit? Given those constraints, he can take as long has he wants, IMO.