IGNORED

Jaguar Fans, what are your other favorite system/s?

CrazyChris

Well, my Dreamcast kiosk would be my other main gaming interest, but I also have a 3DO, a MegaDrive, and a Nuon which get occasional play, as well as my old ST with an almost complete collection of ST Format magazines and disks, and Im about to get a virtual boy too. The Jaguar will remain my main interest for quite a while tho :), with the DC a close second.

Besides the Jaguar, I'm mainly into gaming on the Xbox and GBA at the moment and every now and then some games on my PC. If I want some retro gaming, then I'll play some games on my ST and XE. I have large 2600 and 7800 collections in the closet. I used to have a large Dreamcast collection, but sold it to buy some rare Jaguar games. My Lynx, Nuon, GC and NGPC have only seen a few hours here and there of playtime. I play my Xbox about 5 to 15 hours a week though, since it was launched.

3DO' date=' Dreamcast, CD-I, Sega Saturn, XboX are my main ones aside from the Jag,

i do enjoy playin the SNES and NeoGeo emulators also :)[/color']

sounds just like me, except for the CD-i. I've always been curious about the CD-i, but I've tunred it down on two seperate occasions for dirt cheap, mainly becuase there was no software with them and also becuase from what I gather, the CD-i has about the smallest and most pathetic software library besides the 32x. Besides BurnCycle, what else does it have to offer? There must be something I'm missing if it's good enough for you to include in your top favorites, we seem to have the exact same taste in systems... :ponder:

Dreamcast big time. I actually participate extremely actively in the Dreamcast community now (for those of you that don't know, the GOAT Store published one DC game already and has to figure out why we have 2000 non-working disks sitting around now for the other...)

I play my 2600 sometimes. Also, my PS1 and my Xbox get a little use. I own a whole bunch of other systems, but that is the main stuff.

And oddly enough, I play some computer games on my work laptop (but not at work). I don't play too much on my home machine. I don't know why that is, especially since my home machine has the mucho better graphics card...

Hi Gunstar !

3DO' date=' Dreamcast, CD-I, Sega Saturn, XboX are my main ones aside from the Jag,

sounds just like me, except for the CD-i. I've always been curious about the CD-i, but I've tunred it down on two seperate occasions for dirt cheap, mainly becuase there was no software with them and also becuase from what I gather, the CD-i has about the smallest and most pathetic software library besides the 32x. Besides BurnCycle, what else does it have to offer? There must be something I'm missing if it's good enough for you to include in your top favorites, we seem to have the exact same taste in systems... :ponder:

I see CD-I in a very similar way to you...

The system really hardly has anything to offer when it comes to software.

However my favorite and actually the only game that interest me on CD-I is The 7th Guest. I played burncycle quite a bit and in my opionion the game is completely junk. Boring, countless stolen ideas, bad game design and actually nothing that would make me want to play this title.

I think the CD-I mainly got attention when it came out, because CD and FMV were so new and exciting. Today, that MPEG is nothing special and long outdated, nobody cares about that system anymore, because it has almost nothing else to offer.

I'm also sure that the CD-I is the reason why many people look at the 3DO in a bad way. Everyone that I have told about 3DO so far, actually thought 3DO and CD-I were the same. There are some small similaritys that might make somebody think that the systems are similar, if he doesn't know it... For example the high launch price or the VCD module and of course that the 3DO also has some FMV games (but not many compared to the rest of its library), but that is it already with the similarities.

However mistaking the 3DO for CD-I is a big mistake. 3DO had some great hardware, in total over 300 games (worldwide), much better quality controllers and many, many great games. So there is a big difference between the two systems.

Regards, Lars.

There's three of them, each more awful than the one preceding.

Faces of Evil

Wand of Gamelon

Zelda's Adventure

Just absolutely appalling.

Apparently there was a deal struck for Phillips to use the Zelda characters, etc once the Phillips CD add-on for SNES deal fell through

Maybe worth having if you're a Zelda completist, otherwise probably best to stay away

Yup

Actually, you're not wrong.

A decent proportion of the graphics were very good indeed.

The main problems were the shocking gameplay, stupid use of the characters and terrible, TERRIBLE live action stuff in Zelda's Adventure.

Mind you I'd also say that Zelda II:Adventure of Link was pretty lousy too. And thats probably the game that Faces... and Wand of Gamelon resemble most gameplay wise

It would be intresting to see what other Jaguar fans are in to.

As boring as it sounds, I mainly code my own Jaguar games often,

but I play my Jaguar cart and CD collection regularly, along with my

N64 games, (I'd love to be able to port Robotron 64 to the Jaguar...)

My 7800 gets regular play in the UK, and I've a 128-in-1 2600 clone.

On the move, I've got my Lynxes, and a friend bought me a Gameboy

advance, but the screen's so dim, I hate it, so I've only got 3 games.

I don't, and never have, owned a 3DO, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast,

Gamecube, Xbox or PS2, and I don't intend to get one any time

soon. I've been tempted by the Saturn and 3DO at times, but I

like to be able to program anything I buy, so that's restrictive...

and if I can program it, I'd like to be able to release some game.

I've got my NUON DVD for my next gaming and game development

platform, after the Jaguar, so it will be 20 years before I get as far

as the Gamecube or something like that perhaps. :-) I'm joking...

Cheers,

JustClaws.

As boring as it sounds, I mainly code my own Jaguar games often,

but I play my Jaguar cart and CD collection regularly, along with my

N64 games...

...but I like to be able to program anything I buy, so that's restrictive...

Does this mean that you can program the N64?

I'd be very interested in that.

Does this mean that you can program the N64?

I'd be very interested in that.

Yes, there's a small home-brew / demo community for N64 too.

You need a particular cheat cartridge with PC connection, and a

set of tools are on the web, but not made easy to find I think...

I don't actually have a devkit, but demos (and some hacks) are

available on the net, and emulators also allow some demo coding.

I only buy systems I can program. I was given the N64 when I

left my job at a UK university, or I'd not own one either though!

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi Gunstar !

I see CD-I in a very similar way to you...

The system really hardly has anything to offer when it comes to software.

However my favorite and actually the only game that interest me on CD-I is The 7th Guest. I played burncycle quite a bit and in my opionion the game is completely junk. Boring, countless stolen ideas, bad game design and actually nothing that would make me want to play this title.

I think the CD-I mainly got attention when it came out, because CD and FMV were so new and exciting. Today, that MPEG is nothing special and long outdated, nobody cares about that system anymore, because it has almost nothing else to offer.

I'm also sure that the CD-I is the reason why many people look at the 3DO in a bad way. Everyone that I have told about 3DO so far, actually thought 3DO and CD-I were the same. There are some small similaritys that might make somebody think that the systems are similar, if he doesn't know it... For example the high launch price or the VCD module and of course that the 3DO also has some FMV games (but not many compared to the rest of its library), but that is it already with the similarities.

However mistaking the 3DO for CD-I is a big mistake. 3DO had some great hardware, in total over 300 games (worldwide), much better quality controllers and many, many great games. So there is a big difference between the two systems.

Regards, Lars.

hmm thats really wetted my appitite to buy a 3do now... mite have to pick one up at the end of the month when i get paid..

what are the good games for the system?

hmm thats really wetted my appitite to buy a 3do now... mite have to pick one up at the end of the month when i get paid..

what are the good games for the system?

Every 3DO owner must get and complete Killing Time. Its 3D is terrible, and its movement and shooting feels slightly wrong, but nothing you cant get used to and forget about quickly, but the story, music and atmosphere of the game are truely wonderful.