IGNORED

Favorite Atari 2600 2 player games.

Elvis8Atari

Combat is fun, total fun but my mate and myself talking one night discussed that is took after a hit, a few minutes for the bloody slow tanks to get "into the heat fo the battle" again, which is a bad point, still it ranks high in my list

Video olympics is a good one.

I enjoyed Jedi Arena (did you?-Entire Atari people) also I loved Air-Sea-Battle as I though it was fun...Demons to diamonds was good in its own little way too looking back

Superman two player mode was the pits! That must be the worst atari two player idea going!! (you could see the Atari bosses saying "yeah, good game but where's the two player mode?" "put one in" arrrh! double control madness!

(loved the game though)

Lee

quote:

Originally posted by PeeknPoke:

also I loved Air-Sea-Battle as I though it was fun...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this one. I really like it too, but not many of my friends like it that much, so I don't get many chances to play it

--Zero

Slightly off topic. Elvis8atari do you like the "Pitch and Catch" add-on to Kaboom used in 5200/8-bit computer? My kid only wants to play that version. Your web site does not seem to mention the Atari 8-bit computer version, this is the same as the 5200 but you can use the 2600 paddle controllers. I can't see playing Kaboom with out paddles!

Also, I started it up right after playing on the 2600 and it seems a lot cleaner picture then the 26 and just as fun.

Under the picture section on my site there is a short atari computer section for kaboom. I have never actually played that version. Hopefully within the next few months I will be able to get that system and game and then add my full review off the atari computer Kaboom.

And yes I do enjoy the "Pitch and Catch" mode of Kaboom for 5200 and Madbomber for PC. It was a great idea. Very fun for 2 people.

And also Yes..without paddles..any version of Kaboom suffers greatly.

Anyone Else have any 2 player Atari favs?

Sincerely,

Mike Matei http://www.geocities.com/elvis8atari

Sadly, I've never had the chance to play Wizard of Wor two player I really like the arcade version where the cpu controls the other player. Unfortunately, he's worth a whopping 1000 points if you kill him, so I'm always torn between helping him or killing him and taking all the monsters for myself

--Zero

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wizard of Wor is a great two-player game. I always liked co-op gameplay. That's why one of my all-time faves is "G.I. Joe Cobra Strike". Funny... mentioned that in another thread only a few minutes ago, then I found this thread. While kind of hard to digest in single player mode (still good imo), Cobra Strike is excellent with two players.

• Like 1