IGNORED

Help with Fathom

Chris-in-NJ

I don't really like the game that much, so I don't know much about it, but on the following page, it says:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ser.../ocgs/comp1.htm

FATHOM (Parker Bros.: Atari 2600)

Here's Scott Stilphen's excellent map, which can easily be used to beat the game (trust me!): ©2001-03 by Scott Stilphen

Go to that page, scroll down until you find Fathom and click on the link for the map.

Here are a couple of cool things you can also do:

http://www.cheaterskrypt.com/2600/cheats/f.../f/Fathom.shtml

Yes, this is one tough game. Particularly due to the ridiculous way in which the seagull gets thrown about (usually into other obstacles) when hit. The dolphin sequences are quite cool...but the game really takes a turn for the worse in seagull form. :(

Nothing more frustrating than losing all your lives whilst trying to negotiate a particularly tough volcano screen only to have your paperdoll-like seagull careen into a fireball and have it tossed about like some sort of cheap pinball. :x

There is a timing pattern for the volcanoes, once you learn it you'll never hit a fireball again.

The tough part of the seagull is dodging the crows after you claim the clouds so you don't get knocked off screen and lose your progress.

Still a GREAT game. :)

Man, I love fathom. I hand drew a map to this one back in the day, and really enjoyed beating it. The game had a real sense of accomplishment to it. The sky parts aren't bad at all, they are actually a lot of fun once you are practiced enough. Perservere! It's just a shame Imagic died and we can't get free tshirts for winning anymore... Wish I could find one these days... Anyone here manage to beat fathom before Imagic went under and get a free T ?

• 17 years later...