IGNORED

Atari Controller with white top?

Nicewun

I visited a secondhand store the other day and saw some Joysticks which have a white platic top (Not the handle bit, but the top of the base)

They were only 50 cents each so naturally I purchased them.

I was wondering if any one knows where this particular joystick varient comes from? Like is there a white topped 2600 out there somewhere?

Cheers

Troy

quote:

Originally posted by Nicewun:

I visited a secondhand store the other day and saw some Joysticks which have a white platic top I was wondering if any one knows where this particular joystick varient comes from? Like is there a white topped 2600 out there somewhere?

Those might be Commodore-64 controllers (or was it Vic-20, I don't really remember) which were essentually the same controllers. Atari sued Commodore over them but I don't remember what the outcome was.

Thnx for the answers fellahs

Well I guess they could be different to Atari originals as there is no logo on them or anything to say they are original Atari brand items.

Oh well even if it is not a rare find, I guess a dollar for two working controllers is still a bargain.

Cheers.