IGNORED

Mindwheel by Synapse wanted

Hi !

For my new Synapse archive I'm looking for the game Mindwheel (an electronic novel).

I searched the web, but I couldn't find a single copy - so it's maybe not transfered to atr-format yet...

Maybe someone can help - would be great ! ;-)

BR,

- Mr.Bacardi -

I had forgotten about this game, I think I only have personally seen it on the PC:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1503

And here's a page from someone who worked on the game:

http://www.igorlabs.com/etc/games/

http://www.igorlabs.com/

Maybe he can provide a lead to an .atr dump? Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open too :)

Thanks, for the links. I thought of contacting Steve Hales already as a last chance ;-) But I'm affraid that he doesn't have the Atari version any more (his SynAssembler is also missing on his download page...).

Btw, I already have Essex and Brimstone without password protection ready for upload ;-)

- Mr.Bacardi -

Btw, I already have Essex and Brimstone without password protection ready for upload ;-)

- Mr.Bacardi -

Cool, I wouldn't expect any less from you ;)

I should have known you would know who programmed the game and how to contact them :)

I was just reading about this game the other day. I noticed from the atarimania page (when I was looking for instructions for Rainbow Walker) that Mindwheel is one of the disk images I don't have. So I started looking around and I couldn't find it anywhere. I hope it turns up somewhere soon, and it would be easy to run two disk images with APE.

I would be nice to see Brimstone also.

Essex can be found Here. But I can't figure out how to run it. There are 4 disk images and when it is loaded it comes up with "SYNCOPY" and asks for destination drive.

As far as I remember, the game is still pass-word protected, so can't play it anyway ;-)

But to start the game you have to insert "disk 1" in drive 1 and "disk 3" (should be disk 2, side a) into drive 2 , then boot / start the emulator.

Hope, this helps...

Hi Atari Frog,

I don't want to start a discussion here, but :

1) I did state that I use some scans from your site (see news from 24-April-04)

2) Isn't it lame to use my cracks and delete my intro-text ?

So, let's stop the discussion here , o.k ?

- Mr.Bacardi -

Is it really THAT difficult to ask for permission first? Just because you state something on your page doesn't mean we give you some sort of blessing... What kind of a cowboy attitude is that?

As for the deleted text on your cracks (which are mostly easy tape-to-disk conversions), you're right, I did this on two or three games (out of the 1,500 other images we have) because we wanted clean copies. If that makes you happy and boosts your ego, I'll admit I shouldn't have done that but, at least, we're not claiming it's our work...

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Mr. Bacardi,

please list the games under question and we will remove them immediately from our database. Of course, we expect from you to do the same with the scans from our site, i.e., to remove them from the Synapse section of your site.

André from Atarimania

@ Atari Frog:

Hey,I'm a hacker - what do you expect ? ;-)

But if that makes you happy and boosts your ego: Am I allowed to use your great scans ?

Btw, am I also allowed to use your de-protected copy of Mindwheel also for my page ? (let's see how long it will take you to release it ...)

@ Heaven:

Danke, dass hier wenigstens einer den Durchblick hat ;-)

- Mr.Bacardi -