IGNORED

TIA Playfield Painter 1.03 Inquiry

Hello,

I just downloaded the excellent TIA Playfield Painter 1.03 utility from

http://khryssun.free.fr/programming.html. I also downloaded the asymmetrical and symmetrical playfield source codes files on this web page, made wav files, uploaded them to my Supercharger, and both exhibit screen roll on my Heavy Sixer. Maybe I have bad header files? Has anyone else used these files on a console?

Thanks,

s

Hi there!

Hm... just downloaded the first of those demos and according to Z26 it assembles into a perfect 262 scanline generating NTSC programm, that should not roll...

Oh dear... Khryssun still didn't learn what symmetrical and asymmetrical means... ;)

Please: This is definetely _not_ symmetrical:

Symmetrical_320x192.jpg

Greetings,

Manuel

OK, I replaced the vertical sync, vertical blank, and overscan areas in the source code with the code given in the Session 17: Asymmetrical Playfields - Part 1 tutorial by Andrew D. And I got it to work on a console! I don't know why the other code didn't work, I just know that the new code does!

Hope this helps anyone that might be having a similar problem!

-s

Hi there!

Hm... just downloaded the first of those demos and according to Z26 it assembles into a perfect 262 scanline generating NTSC  programm, that should not roll...

Oh dear... Khryssun still didn't learn what symmetrical and asymmetrical means... ;)

Please: This is definetely _not_ symmetrical:

Symmetrical_320x192.jpg

Greetings,

Manuel

LOL

Hi Manuel,

Indeed... I should have read the Stella Manual Programmer's Guide too fast after drinking too much beer :D .

But I learnt... the right specification of such picture is duplication :)

Thanks ;)

Take care,

Chris

OK, I replaced the vertical sync, vertical blank, and overscan areas in the source code with the code given in the Session 17: Asymmetrical Playfields - Part 1 tutorial by Andrew D. And I got it to work on a console! I don't know why the other code didn't work, I just know that the new code does!

Hope this helps anyone that might be having a similar problem!

-s

Hi,

Well as I run my programs only with emulators, I didn't knew there was problems on a real console.

I look at my code but I haven't found what could be the cause of the problem... :?

Maby some programming gurus here have the answer, I'd like to know what I made wrong... to correct my errors :)

Ooooooooooh if only the VCS could work as fine as the emulators :D

Just curious... is your avatar a picture of the "Logan's Run" movie ? I'am not sure.

Hi' date='

Nope, it is a much-too-small pic of Buck Rogers (http://www.buck-rogers.com).

Kudos on your utility! I am programming a test cart using it.[/quote']

Oh yes I remember watching buck rogers episodes long time ago... so long time, I forgot what he was looking to :D

As I don't speak english/american very well I don't know the word Kudos.

What does it mean ?

Thanks