IGNORED

Finding some feasible arcade ports for the CV...

Ok... That's ~32 games, so I think it'd be best splitted into 4 polls à 8 games, with a final 5th poll composed out of the best candidates of each poll of the first run.

To be fair, you might want to make 1 of the polls with all remakes. That way people will not have to choose between a 'new' game and a 'remake'. Also, set a deadline for the poll so people don't wait too long and miss out!

Hi there!

To be fair, you might want to make 1 of the polls with all remakes.  That way people will not have to choose between a 'new' game and a 'remake'.  Also, set a deadline for the poll so people don't wait too long and miss out!

One of the 4 polls of the first run will be the block that was filed as remakes. I think after the first round Eduardo should decide what to make of these...

I'm setting the limit for the first round to 30 days.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Done. Hope I made no mistakes...

Greetings,

Manuel

As a big fan of ColecoVision games and OpCode in particular, I want to thank you for doing this! :) The discussion was great, and now the poll really adds focus. I now need to start saving my money as it looks like there may be quite a few CV games coming for a long time! :D

Troy

Thanks a lot Manuel!

Now that will be fun... :)

I will keep my promise and port the game with the biggest # of votes.

But wait, Gez, I forgot Rally-X!!!

Gosh... Maybe we could replace Berzerk with Rally-X. The CV already has the excellent Frenzy, so not a big loss here... Would you do it for me Manuel? Hope no one has voted it already...

Eduardo

Guzzler?! Had never heard about it, but looks like fun anyway. However it looks suspiciously like Konami's Sparkie, which.... well, that's surprise... ;)

What's Sparkie? There's no listing in KLOV for it...

Guzzler?! Had never heard about it, but looks like fun anyway. However it looks suspiciously like Konami's Sparkie, which.... well, that's surprise... ;)

Yeah, another very obscure Konami game, though a few sites report it, as well as the Serial# Konami used with it:

http://www.system16.com/konami/hrdw_unknow...wn.html#sparkie

And here is a pic of the MSX version... ;)

In this game your character is a bomb with a fuse. Sparks will pursue you and if you touch one of them, your fuse will be set in fire. Your only hope is to reach one of teh several water buckets before you blow. You need to turn off fire spots in order to go to next stage.

post-1432-1089747720_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

Gosh... Maybe we could replace Berzerk with Rally-X. The CV already has the excellent Frenzy, so not a big loss here... Would you do it for me Manuel? Hope no one has voted it already...

Sorry, I've been to the cinema... (Godsend -> *not recommended*!)

I can still replace Berzerk, but it already has a vote attached now...

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Sorry, I've been to the cinema... (Godsend -> *not recommended*!)

I can still replace Berzerk, but it already has a vote attached now...

Greetings,

Manuel

That would be me. :D Guess I don't follow the mainstream too well.

Yeah, another very obscure Konami game, though a few sites report it, as well as the Serial# Konami used with it:

http://www.system16.com/konami/hrdw_unknow...wn.html#sparkie

And here is a pic of the MSX version... ;)

In this game your character is a bomb with a fuse. Sparks will pursue you and if you touch one of them, your fuse will be set in fire. Your only hope is to reach one of teh several water buckets before you blow. You need to turn off fire spots in order to go to next stage.

That's a nifty concept! Guzzler is pretty much the reverse - you need to put out the fires that spawn enemies by spitting water at them. You have to "refill" yourself with water after three spits, and each successive spit is faster and shorter after you fill up.

I'd be interested in this one. :)

Here are a few:

FIREBALL

FINAL FANTASY

Hell, as long as we're making absurd requests, I'd love to see this on the ColecoVision, too.

The ColecoVision is the same size as the XBox, so it should be able to handle this game, right? :roll:

JR

Final Fantasy was released on the MSX platform and could be converted. The only problem would be file size. I havn't seen Halo show up on that format yet.

Opcode,

Please, please, please don't spend time porting common games easily available on other systems or re-making CV games we've already played to death. Good versions of Moon Patrol, Joust and Dig Dug are already available on CV. Make more CV exclusive games. Some vector games that never came out on home systems would've been cool.

my quick list:

Scramble

Wizard of Wor/Gorf

Vanguard

Crazy Climber

Monster Bash

Timber

Demolition Derby

Domino Man

Wacko

Two Tigers

Sarge

Future Spy

Top Secret

Final Fantasy was released on the MSX platform and could be converted. The only problem would be file size.  I havn't seen Halo show up on that format yet.

Hi!

Final Fantasy was released on the MSX2 platform, not the MSX1. Most MSX2 games could be almost impossible to downgrade to the MSX1, not without losing a lot of detail. The video capabilities on the MSX2 are far superior and it has 8 times as much video memory as the MSX1.

Hi there!

Final Fantasy was released on the MSX2 platform, not the MSX1. Most MSX2 games could be almost impossible to downgrade to the MSX1, not without losing a lot of detail. The video capabilities on the MSX2 are far superior and it has 8 times as much video memory as the MSX1.

Hm... there's a MSX1 version of 1942... :D

Greetings,

Manuel