IGNORED

which systems had trackball controllers?

I picked up two of those "classic trackballs" for PSX when they were being clearanced for $10 at Kay Bee. THEY SUCK. The buttons are not very responsive (they have that "sticky" feeling like the 5200 trackballs), the whole thing is too damn light, so if you put it down on almost any surface it slides around as you play, and if you put any sort of pressure on the ball itself, the rollers underneath it crack. Found this out during Marble Madness.

And for whatever reason, the mouse sensitivity controls in the Atari Collection 2 don't seem to affect it all that much. It doesn't give you a true, arcade-accurate speed-sensitivity function.

In short - kind of neat as a novelty or collector's piece, but worthless for actual gaming.

i've seen the CD-i track ball, boxed and cheap even at a local flea. the thing is that its designed as a kid's interactive remote thingy. i even own a CD-i and i could not bring myself to buy it, perhaps it works with some of the very few games i have...sigh the CD-i is such a dud.

the cool thing about that playstation track ball is that it uses the same mold as the 5200 track ball.

now lets see that genny track ball!

now lets see that genny track ball!

I don't think that there WAS one released exclusively for the Genesis. The SMS "Sports Pad Controller" works pretty good with some Genesis titles, however. You have to put it into CONTROL (ie - joypad) mode though. It is pretty fun with "Marble Madness".

post-1863-1089777387.jpg

The Atari Wico trackball box says they made different trackballs for the 1) TI-99 2) Apple II 3) TRS-80 CoCo and 4) Odyssey

The Odyssey, Ti-99 and the CoCo have their own AC power supply (why?) and the Odyssey has plug-in controls (what are these?).