IGNORED

Interesting find @ Salvation Army

killah5000

I recently bought a box of Atari stuff at my local Salvation Army. Pretty good deal I got a Sears Video Arcade II with both controllers and connectors, about 14 games including one with a rarity rating of 6, and two cartrige holders. All for $4.50.

While I was going throught the manuals and cutouts from the cartrige boxes I found two letters from Activision to the previous owner of the games. One was regarding a question that he had sent them about taking a picture of the screen to send a score in to get a patch, the other was a congratulation letter that must have accompanied a patch for high score on Pitfall.

Just though that it was kind of interesting that the letters survived. Is this a fairly common thing to find with Atari lots?

Heh, this reminded me of something. I had 'designed' some new 2600 games and queried Atari in Sunnyvale if they ever accepted ideas. They wrote back that sure they did, mail the demo or packet to them.

So I did -- several pages of poorly drawn sketches! ugh, what an embarassing memory, but I was only about 12 or 13. One of the games (there were 2) I called "Poacher" (this unfortunately reflects the Pennsylvanian redneck practices of the area I grew up in) where you had to go pull vines and shoot the squirrels that came out, and run thru bushes and shoot the rabbits that came out. Can you image what they thought of that? Bwuahaha! (groan).

I wish I still had that letter for laughs.

I haven't really though about selling or trading the letters.

I usually just pick up new Atari stuff when it becomes available locally, or maybe an occasional ebay auction just for stuff that I don't see locally, like game cases.

I really wouldn't know what I'd want in trade for them, or if I would even want to get rid of them.

I'd have to think about it.