IGNORED

AC adapter to An Atari Lynx

keitaro

Hi !! I have got an Atari Lynx, and I want to use an AC adapter, well what kind of adaptar may I use? I have a generic AC adapter to my 2600 with input 220V and output 9V (I´m from Europe), but I can´t use it because the ... er.... ("input jack"? sorry for my English U_U is different). So, anybody knows what adapter should I use? (It´s the same power? 220V for input and 9v for output, or I will fry the lynx if I use this power?)

I hope that you understand me, sorry

Thanks.

You want an adapter that gives 9v DC output. I picked up one of those universal adapters with all sorts of different plugs and a selectable voltage. Sorry, I don't know about the 2600 adapter so I can't help you there.

I do have an adapter I made for my lynx out of two adapters (one the right voltage, the other the right plug), but the plug was flaky so I retired it and bought the one above.

I buy it from Ebay ... :( At the beginning, I put the batteries and doesn´t work. Later, I try it again and wow! works! After play a bit and test the carts :), I power off the Lynx. Later, I try get on but It didn´t work again, and I can´t get it works again :( I even buyed an AC adaptor and don´t work. I think is a problem of Power ON button... :S because is a bit "under pressed" in comparation of the rest of buttons. I think of quit the button and press the contact directly... :S :S

My adapter can change to 7.5, 6 and 4.5 V. I will test it ;)

Uoooo the lynx is soo cute ^_^ hehe. For now I only have 4 games. Not are very good games (batman returns, crystal mines II, chips challenge and Blockout) , but well, I can play and search for more games ;)

Thanks to everybody for the answers. :)

I have a Sega Game Gear adaptor, that can not really be used with the LYNX. It's 10V/550mA, the plug doesn't fit.

But I'm running my LYNX right now at 4.5V/600mA (!), it works, just like it works with low batteries. You can't get very much light from the backlight. Maybe it's bad for the battery indicator though, since it has to blink all the time :).

here is what i know about american AC adaptors .AC voltage in north america is always 110 volts ac. the lynx is 9 volts DC 1 amp . most AC adapters indicate amperage in MA which stands milliamps, so 1 amp = 1000 milliamps . voltage is very self explanatory it has to be the exact number specified on the device or as close as possible . get too much voltage in will fry the lynx to little and it may not turn on or the backligth may dim . amperage is supposed to be 1000ma or 1 amp it is not a problem if the ampearge is more because that means that the adapter has more capacity and will not harm the lynx . if the amperage is less then the required the lynx will put too much strain on the ac adapter causing it to fail or overheat . i would recomend statying away from multi voltage adapters specially the ones from radio shack. not only are they over priced but are usually rated at 300Ma. this low amperage will drive the lynx but will cause the ac adapter to melt or fail prematurely . polarity is extrmely important , i believe on the lynx it is center positive but you better check on your EU model . my ac adapter is 8.7 volts 1000ma and i drive both my lynx and my 7800 with it with no problems it is originally from a nes bootleg pad . ac adapters can be easily had at most trifth stores and if the plug dont fit they can be bougth at most radio shacks. hope this info helps

anywere in the world dc current is the same so you may want to consider salvaging an ac adapter from either a european megadrive generation one or a famicom. other adapters to consider are from cordless phones , answering machines , and inkjet printers if its rated 9VDC output and the amperage is over 1000Ma you can easily convert it to use on your lynx