IGNORED

Music you play to

Malix

I NEVER listen music while playing my VCS... I don't want to miss the ultimate sound experience provided by the VCS

While programming I used to listen : Neil Young, Jethro Tull, The Beatles, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Yes, The Rolling Stones, Eagles, Free, Joe Satriani, Pink Floyd, Humble Pie, Wishbone Ash, AC/DC, Boston, Queen, Dire Straits, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Molly Hatchet, The Who, Barclay James Harvest Stevie Ray Vaughan, Molly Hatchet, Jhonny Winter, Janis Joplin, Roy Buchanan, Kansas, BB King, Mountain, Ted Nugent, All About Eve, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot, Humble Pie, Grand Funk Railroad, Jeff Healey, Lene Marlene, K's Choice, Police, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette , Alice Cooper, Eric Clapton, Creadence Clearwater Revival, Muse, Black Sabbath, Cream, Blue Oyster Cult, 38 Special, Bad Company, Aerosmith, Doobie Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers......... among others

I used to record games to various music being piped in through the audio input of my family's VCR. Like I would have "Pac-Man Fever" by Buckner & Garcia for Ms. Pac-Man (the Atari 2600 Pac-Man wasn't worthy enough to have that as a soundtrack!), "Do The Donkey Kong" for Donkey Kong, and for the Ghostbusters game I'd have Ray Parker Jr.'s version being belted out. Some other interesting musical videogame mixes I had done were Queen's "Flash Gordon" to Cosmic Avenger for the ColecoVision, Weird Al's "Eat It" to the 7800's Food Fight, The Rocky Horror Picture Show's "Time Warp" to Ghost Manor, Steve Miller's "Abracadabra" to Midnight Magic (the song had pinball-like sounds that I thought was appropriate), and Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me" to Sneak & Peek (one of the worst games I played).

Rockwell.

Forgot about that song. I was in 10th grade, a friend of mine and I were nuts over the tune and the video which played on the new Friday late night show, "Friday Night Videos". Remember that?

"When I'm in the shower

I'm afraid to wash my hair

Because I might open my eyes

And find someone standing there"

(I always feel like)

Somebody's Watching Me !

And I have no privacy!

with MJ singing backup of course (how the heck did Rockwell swing that one?!)

-----

Okay, I rarely listen to music while playing games. I usually listen only to the game sounds & soundtrack.

WOW! Talk about takin' me back! ROCKWELL? Man, I haven't heard that song in forever! It was soooo cool back in the day. Kookie!

I also listen to the first DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince record when I play Atari (again, it takes me back) For more contemporary stuff, its pretty much a mood call. I have been listening to Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction, Ludacris and Aerosmith Just Push Play lately while playing Zaxxon.....

Flashback Stan

quote:

Originally posted by Cafeman:

with MJ singing backup of course (how the heck did Rockwell swing that one?!)

From AMG:

Born Kenneth Gordy, Rockwell is the son of Motown Records founder Berry Gordy.

That's how he pulled it off!

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: ROCKINGROLL ]

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: ROCKINGROLL ]

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

"rock it" from herbie hankok is a cool tune to play videogames to.

Ha! I haven't heard that song in a loooong time! I used to love it.

Recently I've been listening to Daft Punk's "new" album Discovery while playing. I think it is about as good as it gets for game playing...

More songs I used for videotaped game soundtracks:

Styx's "Mr. Roboto" for Robotron 2084 (7800)

Journey's "Only Solutions" for Adventures of Tron (2600)

Journey's "1990s Theme From Tron" for Tron Deadly Discs (2600; I also had the Intellivision version, but my Intellivision 2 was history at that time)

hmmm..I like this topic and will share what I listen to on occasion for some games.

Most recently I have been listening to "Axel-F" from the first Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack when I play 5200 Moon Patrol.

When I play 7800 Double Dragon I sometimes listen to Steve Winwood's "Spanish Dancer".

The ultimate however is to listen to some Stabbing Westward when I play Krull on the 2600!!!..Oh Yeah!!!

And most NIN or even MDFMK (formerly KMFDM) will work when playing NES Contra, 7800 Commando or Ikari Warriors.

That is just some of what the MP3s I put on when firing the old Stella, Ginger, and Pam up for a game or two...

Have to admit it, I almost always crank up Kiss Alive II when I get out my 2600.

Takes me back to 1979 when as an 8-year old, I got a system and the album for Christmas!!!

My mom still wouldn't let me go to the Kiss concert as a 9-year old. But she did buy me games!!!

Neil Young, Jethro Tull, The Beatles, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Yes, The Rolling Stones, Eagles, Free, Joe Satriani, Pink Floyd, Humble Pie, Wishbone Ash, AC/DC, Boston, Queen, Dire Straits, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Molly Hatchet, The Who, Barclay James Harvest Stevie Ray Vaughan, Molly Hatchet, Jhonny Winter, Janis Joplin, Roy Buchanan, Kansas, BB King, Mountain, Ted Nugent, All About Eve, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot, Humble Pie, Grand Funk Railroad, Jeff Healey, Lene Marlene, K's Choice, Police, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette , Alice Cooper, Eric Clapton, Creadence Clearwater Revival, Muse, Black Sabbath, Cream, Blue Oyster Cult, 38 Special, Bad Company, Aerosmith, Doobie Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Wow, you must have a serious cd collection. I will have to say though, that satriani plays a sick guitar but there are much better things to do while listening