IGNORED

Vintage Computer Festival 7800 Talk

Albert

Atari7800Console.gifApplefritter.com has posted recordings of the talks that took place at the Vintage Computer Festival just over a week ago in Boston. One of the talks covered the Atari 7800's 20th Anniversary, and was presented by Curt Vendel of Atarimuseum.com and Steve Golson, one of the original designers of the 7800. The presentation and accompanying slide show covered the history of GCC (the company that designed the 7800 for Atari, as well as many 7800 games), Atari, and the 7800. Sitting in the front row of the audience were 10 former GCC employees, who provided additional insight during the presentation. You can listen to the full talk here, and can find more talks from the Vintage Computer Festival here.

Thanks for posting this Albert...

The talk was a lot of fun, afterwards Steve and I put on a several table presentation of Atari 7800 artifacts on display and while our talk went way over our time limit, the question and answer session, plus the ad-hoc GCC reunion moved over to the Atari 7800 History display.

It allowed the showgoers, myself and GCC guys to really have a great time going over stuff, talking about who did what and when and so forth, Steve and I fired up a lot of equipment and even got the original prototype computer enhancement running, I got OSS/Atari 7800 Basic running, VideoWriter and some Atarilab modules running, a few more computer app boards I am still working on and also I just got Star Typer running again and just need to do some test.

I will have some photo's and recap pages up on Thursday, I will post once its all posted.

Curt