IGNORED

What would you guys do?

JerseyDevil

A while back I sold some comic books on E-Bay, a month later the buyer asked me if he could send them back because he did not like the condition. Of course I said yes and I got them back yesterday. It is obvious that these are not the same comics that I sent him. He took out out some of the nicer ones and replaced them with lesser quality ones. I feel he is trying to rip me off and I told him that. I also told him I will not refund his money and I will send them back to him if he pays for the shipping. It cost $25 to ship these UPS and I will not pay that. The thing is the lot only sold for $20 and if I pay the $25 to ship them back to him I will lose money. I don't want to give him his $20 back because he did not return my original prodct to me. I feel bad because he paid $25 twice to ship these, but it does not change the fact that he is trying to pull a fast one on me. What would you guys do?

It's amazing the balls that your buyer has here, waiting a month before wanting to return them and then switching the items on top of that. :roll: As the seller I think you were pretty gracious to accept them back in the first place! As mentioned, if you are 100% sure that he pulled a switcheroo, then tell him that he is attempting to perpetrate fraud on you and that you will not stand for it. He is out of luck at this point unless he wants to fork over the return shipping for them back. Tell him that if he pulled this kind of crap at a regular store, he could probably get arrested! :twisted: If you still want to get rid of them, send them back media mail with DC and insurance, it probably won't cost anywhere near what UPS costs.

It's amazing the balls that your buyer has here, waiting a month before wanting to return them and then switching the items on top of that.    :roll:  As the seller I think you were pretty gracious to accept them back in the first place! As mentioned, if you are 100% sure that he pulled a switcheroo, then tell him that he is attempting to perpetrate fraud on you and that you will not stand for it.  He is out of luck at this point unless he wants to fork over the return shipping for them back.  Tell him that if he pulled this kind of crap at a regular store, he could probably get arrested!   :twisted:  If you still want to get rid of them, send them back media mail with DC and insurance, it probably won't cost anywhere near what UPS costs.

I have too agree here also, The fact that you agreed to having them returned is very comendable on your behalf. If indeed he is trying it on with you then do what do normally do in these thread and give him the big finger... :D

If you are 100% sure that these are not the comics you sold to him, i wouldn't pay for the return shipping. If he is trying to rip you off, he should suffer the consequences when found out...

Yup, I am 100% sure. I sent him some lower number issues which are worth more and he replaced them with higher number issues. I sent him a link to the original auction which listed the issues for sale, and I also sent him a list of what he sent back to me and they did not match. Even though the comics only sold for $20, they were worth much more (comics just don't sell well on Ebay). I might get my first neg for this, but I can always reply to his neg with my side of the story.

itsralph, I think I will follow your advice. Maybe I can sell them for $20 and send him his original payment back.