IGNORED

The Story of Mythicon.. How cool is this.

Joel D. Park

That's a great e-mail !

The best part of Mythicon games is that fact that I can say I own  

every cart. that they ever made.

(all three  :roll: )

Yep. I can make the very same claim. Might be the only company for whom I have their complete collection of games 8)

• 17 years later...

What is he doing now? Retired. Abducted by aliens and thrown back as a reject. Ruing the day I mentioned busty secretaries (Brenda & Pam, complete and sincere apologies)...

The box graphics were done by T&T Graphics (I t-h-i-n-k): Tammy and Tina.

I was only the engineer, neither the accountant (Dave) nor the PR (actually Sales) guy (Larry): easily two of the funniest people I've ever met.

Bye forever!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, We B Martians said:

What is he doing now? Retired. Abducted by aliens and thrown back as a reject. Ruing the day I mentioned busty secretaries (Brenda & Pam, complete and sincere apologies)...

I was only the engineer, neither the accountant (Dave) nor the PR (actually Sales) guy (Larry): easily two of the funniest people I've ever met.

Bye forever!

Please stick around for awhile.  I'd like to hear more about what it was like to develop these games.

• Like 4

On 5/16/2022 at 8:14 PM, Tempest said:

Please stick around for awhile.  I'd like to hear more about what it was like to develop these games.

I echo Tempest's statement...

Someone mentioned these were $9.99 new? I thought they were $19.99 new??? I got ripped off even more!

I recall K&B Toys was the place to get Mythicon games, I seem to remember they had some sort of shelf display advertising the games themselves. 

1 hour ago, schuwalker said:

Someone mentioned these were $9.99 new? I thought they were $19.99 new???

$9.95 MSRP printed right on the box, though Star Fox was marked down to a buck by the time I picked one up on clearance at Kay*Bee BITD!  ?

7F16B222-245C-4BC9-BF63-2A81E8E35508.thumb.jpeg.f710c861d986f7855fcb6daff9d59fff.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schuwalker said:

Thanks Save... I feel a buck might be too much still lol

Possibly. ?

But damn, you were quick on the quote! I had to revise my post... 'twas Star Fox that I had BITD.  ?

Btw: the Mythicon 'shelf display' you remembered, I don't recall seeing anything like that at our Kay*Bee. At the time, our store had the more expensive games behind the counter, hanging by their tabs. Budget and clearance games were tightly packed in bins that you were free to peruse. That's for sure where I saw the Mythicon games.

Courtesy of this thread:

01F49175-0260-4E6E-8725-3C8A5A8E1944.thumb.jpeg.057b3ab770836abb404a8bdb43028458.jpeg

E016CBB3-3C1F-4464-B6C6-731D20C5DE77.thumb.jpeg.7b4ea226a5d662dcb32e11cbf8c93caa.jpeg

...I do remember stands similar to this at the local Eagle grocery store, but for U.S. Games and Apollo Games. Data Age too.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, We B Martians said:

Bye forever!

I missed this topic (was created about a year before I joined) Cool stories and good reads. Star Fox II sounded amazing! Oh, the busty secretaries didn't ruin my day haha. Thanks for stopping by man!

*edit - I take back anything I've said in teh past about Mythicon games being terrible... While it's true there are far better games out there, hearing the hurdles, limitations, programming experiments, etc of how they came to fruition deserves a lot of respect. In a way, you're kinda legendary...

On 5/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, save2600 said:

Courtesy of this thread:

...I do remember stands similar to this at the local Eagle grocery store, but for U.S. Games and Apollo Games. Data Age too.

IIRC these are in the hands of @jahfish now, I believe I traded them for a bunch of weird PAL format games I had never heard of at the time.

On 5/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, We B Martians said:

Edited by Crazy Climber

On 5/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, save2600 said:

Possibly. ?

But damn, you were quick on the quote! I had to revise my post... 'twas Star Fox that I had BITD.  ?

Btw: the Mythicon 'shelf display' you remembered, I don't recall seeing anything like that at our Kay*Bee. At the time, our store had the more expensive games behind the counter, hanging by their tabs. Budget and clearance games were tightly packed in bins that you were free to peruse. That's for sure where I saw the Mythicon games.

Courtesy of this thread:

01F49175-0260-4E6E-8725-3C8A5A8E1944.thumb.jpeg.057b3ab770836abb404a8bdb43028458.jpeg

E016CBB3-3C1F-4464-B6C6-731D20C5DE77.thumb.jpeg.7b4ea226a5d662dcb32e11cbf8c93caa.jpeg

It was the second version of the standee I remember...