IGNORED

Xybots...

crc_73

Any experts here on this game? What's the structure of the game? How many levels are there?

I've recently only gotten this game, and have made it as far as the 9th stage/level, just before the first Master Xybot. Obviously, I don't want any spoilers, but how far does it progress from here? Does the difficulty increase much?

I've never heard of a final level in either the Lynx or any other version, including the arcade.  :?:  

I think you may be right.

I've been playing the Lynx Xybots game off and on for a few months and I think it repeats once you pass a certain level. Can't quite remember though....I'll have to fire it up again and see.

It is my understanding that there are 99 levels. The Master Xybot shows up several times. The best way to try and beat Zybots is comlynxed with another player. The reason being that as long as one player gets off of a level the other player can die and be reincarnated with full health. I have managed to get into the 40's with my brother-in-law. It gets pretty nasty. A map of the warps would be highly valuable, as well as what resources are available on each level.

It is my understanding that there are 99 levels. The Master Xybot shows up several times in the game. The best way to try and beat Zybots is comlynxed with another player. The reason being that as long as one player gets off of a level the other player can die and be reincarnated with full health. I have managed to get into the 40's with my brother-in-law. It gets pretty nasty. A map of the warps would be highly valuable, as well as what resources are available on each level.

Just found this link - would be great to have added to the site info for the game:

http://www.cheek.org/atari/lynx/xybots.htm

In fact, maybe someone would want to go through all the games there, and check out what might be missing from here, and add to the database. The BRAVO cheat I "discovered" for Super Skweek had already been reported here. At a quick glance, I see extra information for Toki and Checkered Flag (cruise control).

I read somewhere that Xybots was originally supposed to be a pseudo-first-person Gauntlet game (it's actually third-person, with a 3D, over-the-shoulder perspective), but they suddenly decided they didn't want it as part of the Gauntlet series. So, they changed the entire theme of the game from "medieval" to "futuristic," and it became the Xybots that we're all familiar with now.

I read somewhere that Xybots was originally supposed to be a pseudo-first-person Gauntlet game (it's actually third-person, with a 3D, over-the-shoulder perspective), but they suddenly decided they didn't want it as part of the Gauntlet series. So, they changed the entire theme of the game from "medieval" to "futuristic," and it became the Xybots that we're all familiar with now.

so i'll take that as a yes? has any1 every seen pics from when it was in the guanlet stages, i jus wondering...

• 1 year later...

This game actually does end - it has I think just over 50 levels - 52 or 54 I think. I've beaten it a few times and it is kind of hard.

It is key (but not obvious) to buy the SLOW ENERGY LOSS powerup every time. Also, you should always have it maxed out. Most items that you buy between levels work the same way for that one level no matter how many you have in stock. But the SLOW ENERGY LOSS powerup works a little differently. If you have 4 of them, your energy runs out more slowly than if you had say only 2 of them.

Hope this makes sense. I found that this made the game a ton easier to get through.