IGNORED

Eerievale and E-JagFest 2004

Starcat

Hi folks !

As you might know, I am currently working to get a new, entirely improved, Eerievale demo version finished for e-jagfest 2004.

It would be great if you could read the ejagfest 2004 thread in the Eerievale forum and reply to it.

Visit the Eerievale Page and click on "the forum".

Regards, Lars.

http://www.eerievale.de

• 2 months later...

Hello,

As you might know, I am currently working to get a new, entirely improved, Eerievale demo version finished for e-jagfest 2004. It would be great if you could read the ejagfest 2004 thread in the Eerievale forum and reply to it.

Lars, with E-Jagfest just a week ago... where's the buzz here? :D

Now we know DragonForce won't be there, but lots of cool people

will be... well lots of people with Atari stuff- they must be cool. :)

With less than a week to go... I'm feeling the pressure, and I know

you are... but anybody else from Netherlands heading down there?

Also, remember everybody, NUON stuff will be on display too, it's

just a pity it's not a week or 2 later, this fest, I hope to have some

good news on the NUON front in due course... as well as Jag news.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi JustClaws !

Yes, I am indeed very busy atm :D

But I guess, the more busy I am now, the more I will be looking forward to the actual festival.

I'm VERY hard working on Eerievale. I'm working hard on the game design and I am also redoing most graphics, that I already had, making a much better demo, with more areas to explore, some more puzzles and hopefully also music, although that last point just caused some new problems due to code, so I am not 100% sure if it will be fixed in time.

Anyway, I am quite sure everybody who liked the first demo or like adventure games in general will be pleased to see this new version :D

Regards, Lars.

I've been posting about it on Jaguar Sector II, NUON-Dome and Digitial Press. There wasn't much talk of CCAG here at AA so I never posted here. Not sure if there will be any other JagFest stops this year, but there were multiple last year.

I've been posting about it on Jaguar Sector II, NUON-Dome and Digitial Press. There wasn't much talk of CCAG here at AA so I never posted here. Not sure if there will be any other JagFest stops this year, but there were multiple last year.

ahem.. jagfest.org ahem ?

If you are organising an event let me know and I will manually add you to the system in it's current state so you can post news articles about the event to the jagfest.org mainpage. it's what it's there for..

yes I will finish it someday :)

Well jagfest.atari.org was around for years before jagfest.org. Not that I don't think both can exist but jagfest.org certainly isn't the original Fest site ;).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to update the jagfest.atari.org site this time since it's no longer in my control. It used to be hosted on the Jagu-Dome server which I had access to, but the entire site got moved over to JustClaws' server. I don't know if he plans on keeping the Fest section up to date or just there as a historical archive, in which case we should keep an ongoing record of upcoming events somewhere in a central location. In that case jagfest.atari.org should be updated to point to jagfest.org for current events.

Well jagfest.atari.org was around for years before jagfest.org. Not that I don't think both can exist but jagfest.org certainly isn't the original Fest site ;).  

Unfortunately I wasn't able to update the jagfest.atari.org site this time since it's no longer in my control. It used to be hosted on the Jagu-Dome server which I had access to, but the entire site got moved over to JustClaws' server. I don't know if he plans on keeping the Fest section up to date or just there as a historical archive, in which case we should keep an ongoing record of upcoming events somewhere in a central location. In that case jagfest.atari.org should be updated to point to jagfest.org for current events.

I wasn't implying I had the bright idea first... sorry if I gave that impression. :)

What I am trying to do is create a site that fest organisers and visitors can all contribute to sharing pictures and reports etc, which will hopefully be of use to both parties..

As I am custom writing the code for the site it is taking me longer than I hoped as I obvioulsy have other things on the go as well..

It's also running a little slow due to the antiquated system it is running on, but this should be rectified soon with the arrival of my new server which will allow me to hopefully run a much more responsive site.

Hello,

I'll be happy to add anything that you create. Put the pages somewhere, and I'll integrate them into the site, or link seamlessly to other pages. I will also do the updates if I know I'm permitted, I didn't want to tread on toes.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi agradeneu !

Hi

Eerivale looks fine!

I wonder if you was inspired by the recent released adventure "Black Mirror"?

Thanks.

No actually Black Mirror did not inspire me. I decided to skip that release, because I dislike nothing more about the PC market of today than the developments of the last few years, including that the companys stopped selling games in decent boxes and just in a cheap DVD case for a full price.

You pay more than a few years ago for the games but get almost nothing. No reason to support something like that.

I will probably pick the game up at some point, but not until it is really low cost. So that the money that I have to pay for it is more like the actual value of what I get. I am not paying a full price for a product that gives me almost nothing for my money.

However many other things inspire me for the work on Eerievale.

Regards, Lars.

Hi folks !

Another small update of the Eerievale site...

You can now find a photo of the Eerievale Promotion poster, that was made for Euro Jag Fest 2004 and also a scan of the GamesTM magazine that has a screenshot of Eerievale in it, in the "The Game" section of the Eerievale homepage.

Regards, Lars.

http://www.eerievale.de

No actually Black Mirror did not inspire me. I decided to skip that release, because I dislike nothing more about the PC market of today than the developments of the last few years, including that the companys stopped selling games in decent boxes and just in a cheap DVD case for a full price.  

I find nothing wrong about these dvd boxes (they save up some space in my room and less rubbish) and recent years saw some good games too.

Currently im addicted to Rome:Total War which is really the best game i've played for a loooong time and im looking forward to Half Life 2 which should be miles better than Doom3.

However youre right in something: today everyones caring about polygons, textures, bump mapping and realism of gfx, there are big investments in hardware and software tech. but by all this they seem to have forgotten about to write storylines and characters more significant than the ever cliched "marine kills evil monsters on a doomed planet" thing or these dreadful tactical/army shooters with their one dimensional militarism.

• 2 months later...

Hello Lars,

Another small update of the Eerievale site...

You can now find a photo of the Eerievale Promotion poster, that was made for Euro Jag Fest 2004 and also a scan of the GamesTM magazine that has a screenshot of Eerievale in it, in the "The Game" section of the Eerievale homepage.

I still find all the screenshots very dark, but maybe it's my monitor.

Any more screenshots or updates on the way, maybe you can post

something here so everybody can see without going away on links?

Also, will you support a keyboard if one is released, or not needed?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi Justclaws !

Lately there hasn't been much news on Eerievale, at least nothing visible, rather story writing progress. I have been quite busy in the last two months or so. But in a few weeks I will hopefully have more time for the Jag again.

I don't think a keyboard will be any help to the player.

Actually I don't see much use for a keyboard at all for console games.

Except maybe for systems like Dreamcast when you use it to surf the net, but personally I prefer PCs for that.

If somebody was to develop a device to use USB or PS2 devices on the Jag (such a keyboards, etc), support for a mouse would be much more interesting in games I think. If there was USB support, it might even make sense, because it could offer whole new ways to publish games.

For example on USB sticks. They cost next to nothing these days and have tons of memory. You could also protect the sticks using write protection or maybe get custom cases for the sticks made, that mark it for Jaguar use. (for example a certain shape or with a lable on it)

But I guess all this is quite off topic in this thread.

Regards, Lars.