IGNORED

Unusual cart?

packman74

I'm hoping someone can tell me if a "Moonpatrol" cart I have is rare at all, as it's label is unlike any other I have.

It's a white label with a green screen with text on it reading :

Don't just watch TV-play it!

Atari

Game Cartridge

Planetary Headquarters

And a picture of a joystick with someone holding it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

[/b]

You mean something that looks like this:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pinwhiz/hinseng.htm

They are pretty rare, but not particular valuable. I'm not sure if this is an official release or just a pirate cart, but they seem to originate from Australia or New Zealand (which makes sense seeing your location). If i remember correctly, the last one sold on ebay for around $30...

Anyway, welcome to AA (you don't happen to have a PAL Bumper Bash up for trade do you?) :)

• 1 year later...
You mean something that looks like this:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pinwhiz/hinseng.htm

They are pretty rare, but not particular valuable. I'm not sure if this is an official release or just a pirate cart, but they seem to originate from Australia or New Zealand (which makes sense seeing your location). If i remember correctly, the last one sold on ebay for around $30...

Anyway, welcome to AA (you don't happen to have a PAL Bumper Bash up for trade do you?)  :)

678353[/snapback]

Sorry to bring such an old thread back to life, but I've just picked up another 2 of these "Don't just watch TV play it!" "Planetary Headquarters" carts that are identical to the Moon Patrol Cart shown on the link below.

One of the ones I received was in fact another Moon Patrol and the other was labelled "Tennis". Like the cart shown in the link they appear to be carts that have a small gap near the top that would normally house a dip switch on pirate multi carts.

The really odd thing is that (I'm a curious sort of guy) when opening both of these up they contain 100% original Atari PCB's inside.

Tennis has a Singapore made CA018393-80, © Atari 1983, C017480-P07

Round Gloptop type chip inside. PAL? Realsports Tennis?

So while they are ?pirates? they contain original PCBs - I guess someone had to use the spares up!