IGNORED

Donkey Konga Have you tried it yet?

moycon

I don't think the game comes out till next month, but Toys R Us has a demo up that you can play. My girlfriend and I both gave it a go. When she woke up this morning one of the first things she said was she wanted to play that Konga game again. I'll admit it's addictive , alot of fun and would be a great party game. I think this will be the game that forces me to buy a Cube. I wonder if any other games will be released that take advantage of that controller??

Anyone else play it yet?

I don't think the game comes out till next month, but Toys R Us has a demo up that you can play. My girlfriend and I both gave it a go. When she woke up this morning one of the first things she said was she wanted to play that Konga game again. I'll admit it's addictive , alot of fun and would be a great party game. I think this will be the game that forces me to buy a Cube. I wonder if any other games will be released that take advantage of that controller??  

Anyone else play it yet?

It looks like a lot fun and I will definitely be picking it up when it comes out. As far as other games using the controller, they already announced (and showed at E3) Donkey Kong Jungle Beat...its basically a side scrolling beat em up but you use the Kongas to move and punch. Also there is a pinball game coming out by Nintendo, called Odama...its a pinball game centered around ancient Jap warfare...basically your bouncing a cannonball around trying to kill your enemies. But you also have soldiers or your own, and you can plug the Kongas in the port 2 and when someone beats on them it rallys your troops. :lol: I'm,sure we'll see some others games announced too.

The game's REALLY fun. I imported it back before it was a for sure release in North America and don't regret it. I don't play it all that often (scared the 80 year old neighbours won't enjoy bongos all night long ;) ) due to the noise/language issue, but I plan on picking up the US one and then I'll have 2 sets of bongos anyway. :)

i predict that 5 total games will use the controller in someway and then it will fade away :D

Wow that many??

That's not bad at all.... Think of all the special controllers that only had like 2 games released (NES R.O.B.) or even one game...Those Dreamcast Marraca's. The game itself is going to be 49.99 when released....about the same as a game by itself without a fancy controller so even if they don't release a bunch of games for it, at least your not like laying down a bunch of cash to just play one game.

i predict that 5 total games will use the controller in someway and then it will fade away :D

Wow that many??

That's not bad at all.... Think of all the special controllers that only had like 2 games released (NES R.O.B.) or even one game...Those Dreamcast Marraca's. The game itself is going to be 49.99 when released....about the same as a game by itself without a fancy controller so even if they don't release a bunch of games for it, at least your not like laying down a bunch of cash to just play one game.

i know thats why i added the key words in there "in someway" :D

like the games that you can play normally with any reg. controller but as an added feature you can pound the bongo to do such and such a move ;) :P - like the 3do mouse not one game really needs it but you can use it on some :D

You call 4 movements easy? Well it isn't as complicated as Taiko no Tatsujin, but trust me, many of the songs are not easy at all on Expert level. I should know... I've had the game since when it came out last December in Japan, and I got the second song disc that came out last month.

Seeing as the game will cost the same as a regular release and be packaged with the bongos as standard, then I don't think anyone can really complain on price ;)

I already vowed I'd be getting it since the first day I saw the Japanese version. If they hadn't decided to import it, I actually was going to import it. I think I fell in love with it for two reasons. One, I like a cool box and two, I wanted to avoid the whole "Samba De Amigo" thing by buying it before the price outrageously skyrockets. Also, I really would like to try my luck at an "Instrumentally Controlled" game. So I will have to try out the demo at TRU now that you mentioned it. It'll help me decide whether to buy now, or when the price drops.

Some of the songs really don't appeal to me, and some actually make me shudder. But some will be absolutely fun to play. So I can't wait to try it.

The Demo at Toys R Us only played a few songs...

We did the easiest... Wild Thing.

Yeah its a old song, but honestly it was perfect to beat the drums to.

I'm not sure what other songs are on it.

I believe I'll be pre-ordering this game and picking up a Cube in the next couple weeks. I was going to have to get one for the next Zelda anyways.

Luckily I already have a couple Cube games. Any time I'd see a Cube game with the special buy one get one 50% at BlockBusters I'd snag the 6.99 titles.

I imported the game last christmas. While I found it to be OK (not great), I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. The selection of songs were mostly j-pop and I didn't find anyone among those that I could get into. The graphics and presentation are very Nintendo-ish: lots of bright primary jungle colors mixed with bossa-nova type songs. If you never liked music games then Donkey Konga won't do much to change your opinion.

In my opinion for the game to be successful in the states it will need a completely different music score more attuned to american audiences. Knowing Nintendo I wouldn't hold my breath for this. Those looking for Dance Dance Revolution thrills will be sorely disappointed with Donkey Konga. This game will be looked more as a novelty with some collectable value.

I imported the game last christmas. While I found it to be OK (not great), I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. The selection of songs were mostly j-pop and I didn't find anyone among those that I could get into. The graphics and presentation are very Nintendo-ish: lots of bright primary jungle colors mixed with bossa-nova type songs. If you never liked music games then Donkey Konga won't do much to change your opinion.  

In my opinion for the game to be successful in the states it will need a completely different music score more attuned to american audiences. Knowing Nintendo I wouldn't hold my breath for this. Those looking for Dance Dance Revolution thrills will be sorely disappointed with Donkey Konga. This game will be looked more as a novelty with some collectable value.

Uhh.. hello? The US version DOES have a completely new score. :roll:

You bought a Japanese music game and say it sucks based on the music selection, so of course, the US version will suck too.

[quote name="JasocoUhh.. hello? The US version DOES have a completely new score. :roll:

You bought a Japanese music game and say it sucks based on the music selection' date=' so of course, the US version will suck too.[/quote]

Wow are some people sensitive or what? You need to chill out man. :roll:

I didn't say it sucked, I said it was OK. I spoke out of my experience with the game, which more than what you can say about it. From your previous postings, Jasoco, I know you are gonna buy it anyway so what's point?

I think it's a good move that Nintendo changed the songs. Gamespot impressions implies the selection is more appropriate to a younger audience, which makes sense considering Nintendo's target consumer.

And I was about to reply with a friendly list, but was beaten to it because IGN's site sucks slow ass.. But you shouldn't judge a game on the Japanese incarnation. You made the assumption that the US version was going to be crap because of the list of Japanese games on it. I wanted you to know it's NOT. Sorry. Thank you. Any questions. Dial Information. Thank you for calling.

And I was about to reply with a friendly list, but was beaten to it because IGN's site sucks slow ass.. But you shouldn't judge a game on the Japanese incarnation. You made the assumption that the US version was going to be crap because of the list of Japanese games on it. I wanted you to know it's NOT. Sorry. Thank you. Any questions. Dial Information. Thank you for calling.

Well thank you for the heads up, I guess since you don't have the game (and I do) that makes you an better source for opinion. :roll:

Seems to me you are the one making the assumptions. For a guy who has never played the game (and possibly only seen a limited demo) you really claim to know a lot. I guess having played the game more than you does make you jealous :P

Just played the demo today at Gamestop and it was a lot of fun. Pretty much cemented my position on getting this game. BTW, the cube demo this month has a lot of good playables on it...Donkey Konga, Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, Mario Pinball. Great to get to play some of these before they come out.

Just played the demo today at Gamestop and it was a lot of fun.  Pretty much cemented my position on getting this game.  BTW, the cube demo this month has a lot of good playables on it...Donkey Konga, Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, Mario Pinball.  Great to get to play some of these before they come out.

Ooops yes the demo I played had these other games as well. Forgot to mention it!! Paper Mario 2 was the only one I checked out.

Its cemented for me as well. Just going to be looking for the best free give away with pre-order. If anyone see's a good one let me know.

Well thank you for the heads up, I guess since you don't have the game (and I do) that makes you an better source for opinion. :roll:

Seems to me you are the one making the assumptions. For a guy who has never played the game (and possibly only seen a limited demo) you really claim to know a lot. I guess having played the game more than you does make you jealous :P

You were JUDGING THE GAME BASED ON THE JAPANESE VERSION! You were the one making the ASSUMPTIONS! Not me. Because I already knew the song list was different. I already knew the game wasn't the same. But YOU were assuming it was. You assumed that the US would have the same J-Pop songas as Japan. And here you are trying to place the blame on me again. Nice try, assumption boy. :P