IGNORED

Scam ? Or not ?

UK WOMBLE

Okey dokey, for the clever ones among you (That means not you cpuwiz ;) :P )

I won this auction the other day, the seller emails me and says he wants cheque or cash into a high street bank account, seemed a good deal and I have paid cash and cheques before without problem.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

So i email the seller and say I'll pay into his account tuesday (Today) , he sent me his bank details and all semmed well and good. :)

So this morning i get a slightly techy email off him saying do i still want the drives or not ?

Hello,

Do you still want these drives??

Many thanks

Send him an email saying of course i want them why did he think i didnt , i'd said i'd pay today anyhow ! (I ws very polite, as always ! :) )

Get this back : (Note the caps)

I SENT YOU MY BANK DETAILS TWICE & YOU DIDNT REPLY,THATS WHERE I GOT THE

IDEA FROM.

HERE ARE THE DETAILS AGAIN.

Now to be fair, i told him i'd pay today already, and that i'd email him with my address once i'd paid. So i send him an email saying not to worry, i'd pay today anyway, and not to get so impatient , but politely, mind you..

Anyhow, i go to the auction to see how much i owe as im about to go down the bank today, then i see he's NARU'd !! Then i look at his feedback and start to worry :(

look carefully at his feedback and those from the other NARU'd user on his account, looks a bit suss to me, bear in mind middlesex is basically north london, im thinking he's one in the same ... :ponder:

Any thoughts please, i dont fancy being ripped off on over £300 (About $550 US) , maybe im being overly cautious, but maybe not.

Anyhow i havent paid him yet and have emailed him about my concerns a short while ago, awaiting a response...

Second opinions welcomed, thanks,

Si

10x 30 gb = 300gb. unless you can run them all, its a deal. Oh btw, if you have a spare, i can use one for my atari pc  

:ponder: :D

I sell laptops for a living (As well as my HVAC work, im a busy boy :) ), just to clarify such a strange investment, and hard drives are a bugger to get hold of at the moment, my machines arrive mostly without hard drives as the corporates insist on them having been removed generally. :(

I get about 200 - 400 machines in a month without hard drives and i look to set up and sell about 60+ of those myself as well as laying a load off on a guy who selles thre lower end stuff for me, which takes it to about 100 or so hard drives a month i need !! :ponder: :roll:

By the way, if anyone has a good source for any 2.5" notebook hard drives, anything from 1 - 40 gig, im always looking for new sources !! 8)

Si

Why is there a picture of an Hitachi drive but the description and title list it as Toshiba? Also the one pictured looks like it has a manufacture date of Aug/03 which would make the 1 year warrantee just about expired now. :ponder:

Those NARUed IDs may have been involved in shill bidding, orperhaps he didn't pay his eBay fees? I would see if you can call this person on the phone, I'd be a little nervous about this transaction if I were you.