IGNORED

SEARS STAR RAIDERS

godsey1

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody can tell me how hard it is to find a boxed complete Sears Star Raiders game. It has everything, cart and box, touch pad and box, and the main box that it all fits in. I know the guide on here has it at a 3, but this is the first one that I've seen. Thanks for any input,

Tony

Hi again,

This is Tony. I bought this Star Raiders complete game on E-Bay yesterday for $2.00 + $4.00 shipping and insurance. I hear most people on here complain about how high the prices on E-Bay are, but if you keep an eye on the auctions you can find some great deals. I am a BIG Sears collector, and I've found some great deals on boxed and gatefold boxed games on E-BAY. I not putting any of you down ( I am one of the people who bid way to high on alot of auctions, maybe I'm one of the "SUMGUYS" ?????????????) I just love the hunt for one of the hard to find games and get it cheap. Happy hunting to all.

Tony

OK, I'm gonna use this as a forum to brag a bit (since we're already on the topic)

Just yesterday I completed my collection of Sears carts - I was finally able to get Cannon Man and Dare Diver in a trade! Lemme say, I am extremely pleased!

Now back to your regular programming...

Funny, the last cart I needed for my Sears collection (this was about a year ago) was Backgammon. It seemed to elude me at every turn. Getting Cannon Man was pretty easy, I got it off ebay for $5. Somehow everyone was asleep when that auction came up.

Tempest

No, Tempest I didn't get the Brain games game. If I find one I'll let you know to see if you want it. The first one I find will be mine all mine HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!! You can look me up on E-Bay with the user name godsey1. Hey Twit, if you get ready to sell your Dare Driver let me know, I was in a good bidding war for a boxed Dare Driver, but I got the short end of the stick.

HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Funny, the last cart I needed for my Sears collection (this was about a year ago) was Backgammon. It seemed to elude me at every turn. Getting Cannon Man was pretty easy, I got it off ebay for $5. Somehow everyone was asleep when that auction came up.

Backgammon is tough! I've only ever seen one in my years of hunting. I actually was given that one for free by a friend of mine who deals in Video Games.

As for Cannon Man and Dare Diver, as I've posted many times before, I refuse to go the route of eBay so they were tough for me to find. Actually I hadn't put much priority on them until reccently, when I discovered how close I was to completing my Sears collection. That spurred me on to trying to find those two.

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: twit ]

It's interesting how the rarity of cartridges varies depending on what part of the country you are from. For instance, finding Sears Backgammon was relatively easy for me, which might have to do with the fact that I live in Chicago, the headquarters of Sears...

In fact, most of the Sears carts are pretty plentiful around here, even Cannon Man. The only one I've ever only found one copy of in the wild is Dare Diver.

Also, not that this is an Atari topic, but Sears Intellivision carts (boxed ones) seem to crop up rather frequently as well...

you know i gotlike 51 sears carts with 2 boxed (defender and also night driver). but the brain games ,video chess, the ones you all talk about i need why is that. hmmm? i need Sears manuals if anyone has a hook up and stock pile of them i need SEARS manuals i got liek 10 now. please let me know. i got a guy in chicago and one in PA with sears items (video chess who is waiting to see if he has a deal before he contacts me)