IGNORED

How do they get away with it????

Junk_supermarket

Actually, eBay's policies are no different; if they find 'em, they'll axe 'em.

But that's sort of the problem. eBay typically don't know truly illegal auctions like ROM CDs from old retro pirates long past their controvercial prime. But then, most of eBay's staff can't tell shit from chivas anyway. They generally tend to rely on stoolies to rat out sellers peddling stuff deemed to be contrary to their TOS. It has unfortunately been the demise of at least one good seller on eBay who had some very nice Brazilian pirates. 'Course, these same rats don't bother to report the hundreds of Famicom pirates I see run full term...

The people at Ebay are idiots. I sometimes wonder how stupid people find themselves in more powerful or prominent positions, but then I deal with the idiots here at Equitable all the time.

There is no way Ebay can police itself. It's just too much of a conglomerate that it does rely on the tattle tales.

Ebay has gotten to the point where they feel they can do anything they want because they are so powerful. Although I've recently been selling again, most of the time I've gotten out of the whole Ebay thing because the fees are just way too high. I even put in a disclaimer in every auction saying that if an auction sells below $5.00 (before shipping), then I won't accept paypal.

I think they take 30 cents plus 2.9% of my sale for paypal. If you are international, tack another 1% on top. So, if you see a cart for 99 cents with $2.50 1st class postage here's what you get if you take paypal.

$3.49 total

Ebay fees 30 cent listing, 5 cents sale

Paypal fees 30 cents + 11 cents sale (not international)

Total fees 76 cents on a 99 cent auction. If you made no money on

shipping, though you may, you pull in a whole 23 cents. If you got lucky and bought the cartridge for a quarter, you are now -2 cents. Add your time of listing, photo or scan, packaging, cost of envelope, gas, etc, you are now probably $5.00 in debt.

Ebay sucks! Now you know why I have the paypal disclaimer in my auction. But they are the ones getting rich, while honest people with legitimate merchandise are getting screwed. Cancel my auction? BAH!

Phil