Streck

What are the oldest arcade machines in your area?

Public arcades, or our own? I've got a Gran Trak 10 and a Video Action from 1974 and 1975, respectively.

20130928_150612_zps59e0c797.jpg

DSC_5706_zpsu8vckk3h.jpg

• Like 1

I saw a Rolling Thunder machine at Fritz Dietel in Westwood. (It replaced a Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga/Frogger machine.)

There is a cafe not too far from me that has a Taito Space Invaders cocktail cab. Has a 60 in 1 or something in it and an LCD screen :mad:

The oldest I know of in my area are in my garage.

Bombs Away (ca. 1976) and Super Space Stranger (ca. 1978)

There's a penny arcade located near me called The Old Sled Works that has EM, pinball and Pong.

Here's a tour I did last December

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpIJZ7LhGOw

Haha, the motorcycle is probably the predecessor to Atari's F-1, another mechanical/projector driving game. The crash scene used to give me nightmares. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1WSYdn1b8I

A few EM pinball machines aside, a local bar has a nice Pole Position II machine. I play it whenever I go up there to play pinball. It's just a quarter a play (unfortunately, the scores don't save).

Sorry to bump, but I have a friend who owns a Sky Kid machine.

Not sure why resurrecting old threads is seemingly verboten. I love it when old threads are given new life.

As for the oldest machines in my area, there's a truck stop nearby with a bootleg Ms. Pac-Man. I think that's the oldest.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I already replied to this thread. LOL.

Edited by BillyHW

Woo hoo, a metanecro thread! :-D

What the hell, I'll play. The oldest arcade game in my area (that I know of) might be the one in my living room: Anti-Aircraft (Atari, 1976).

• Like 1

Not sure why resurrecting old threads is seemingly verboten.

I don't get it either man. A couple of years ago I was bored so I poked around some old threads that I replied to and the mods here went ballistic. I figure if the threads aren't locked anyone can reply to it at any time.

I don't get it either man. A couple of years ago I was bored so I poked around some old threads that I replied to and the mods here went ballistic.

Really? I haven't seen any evidence of that. I don't know that I've ever churned up an old thread though. I wonder why it would it trouble a moderator.

I find it ironic that anyone would complain about reviving old threads in a forum dedicated to ancient hardware and nostalgia. On the other hand, some people complain if a new thread is started when an old one on the same subject already exists.

I find it ironic that anyone would complain about reviving old threads in a forum dedicated to ancient hardware and nostalgia. On the other hand, some people complain if a new thread is started when an old one on the same subject already exists.

QFT

A Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr./Mario Bros. machine is at my local Dave & Buster's. Currently the only place where I can play Mario Bros.