IGNORED

Hacking Tool

Blinky

• 2 weeks later...
How does that compare to Hack-O-Matic 2?

That was the tool I. I didn't know there was a version that could save though otherwise I might not have written one.

My version however does have a few extra options like descending order (which is very handy for most roms) stretched and inverted view. :)

I wrote my first hack with BitHacker (and I did a little more than just editing graphics)...

I actually like BitHacker more than I do Hack-O-Matic 2 just because of various little things like the way it maximizes, the way line numbers are capitalized, and of course the sort features.

Plus it's got a cool little icon! ;)

I actually like BitHacker more than I do Hack-O-Matic 2 just because of various little things

Yes I forgot to mention those little things and then there are the hotkeys, scrollmouse support and save changes option :)

BTW

if you copy the BitHacker executable (or shortcut) into windows 'send to' folder (hidden on ME,2K,XP) you can use the right mouse bitton context menus send to option to send any file to Bithacker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I Updated BitHacker Now it is possible to hack up to 6 byte wide graphics and (asymmetrical) playfield data   :)  

bithacker_et.gif

I've been meaning to say that Bit Hacker is pretty good. Besides having a couple of things that HOM2 doesn't, it works with my mouse scroll wheel! I use my scroll wheel a lot, so any program I use has to allow me to use the wheel.

One problem I'm having though. I don't know how to recreate the conditions in the pic above so that the whole E.T. face shows up like that. No matter what I try, it never even looks close to that full picture.

One problem I'm having though. I don't know how to recreate the conditions in the pic above so that the whole E.T. face shows up like that. No matter what I try, it never even looks close to that full picture.

Have you tried the example in the readme.txt that comes with bithacker ?

If so maybe you have a different rom then I used. PM me the rom and I'll have a go on getting the addresses.

Oh yeah, and it is so cool that you can move the separate sections individually and line things up. I bet that would make hacking some games much easier since you could see large sections instead of small strips. The Tab key is my new friend.