IGNORED

Philly 6

Osmeroid

I want to meet you guys in person.

That's always the best part of the show. :D

Not if it's Stan you are meeting. :skull: Or so I hear. :ponder:

Stan knows I am kidding.

And you know you are too chicken to come meet the big dog in person! Woof! :D :D :D :D :D

Nah, these shows are great. I love all of the AA members I have had the honor of meeting and hanging out with, even in Chickybaby tried to get me all alone in her car, and MrsMegaManFan cornered me in the men's bathroom that one time..... :ponder: They know I only have eyes for Osmeroid..... and Tiggerthehun. :love:

But Philly has always been "the" show for me. CinciClassic is great, but Philly is like the "official" convention for classic games. I'd love for Cinci to get some momentum behind it and become the Philly of the midwest. Heck, I'd love to get a Louisville Con together some day, but right now I gotta study. Chances are good I'll be at Philly regardless of the time of year, I was really afraid I would miss it this year with Grad School and work being so hectic. The earlier dates for this sort of thing get announced the better for me.

Either way Philly Rocks, it is the show and I look forward to it.

Oh, and no one will miss David Newman more than I will. That Dude is one total class act. I think I still owe him a power strip from last year's show. David is the tops. Despite his diminished role, I hope he will still be at the show whenever it is. :) :) :)

Crap, I didn't think about the Con being scheduled during football season.  

Siegler do you have Sunday Ticket?

I don't have Sunday Ticket, but if I am not mistaken, I can purchase games ala-carte. We'll figure something out, and yes, I'll even invite you too Stan.

Plus I owe Chris a tour.

Looking forward to it. :D

A tour of the Spaceship Dump???

• 1 month later...

Appropriate bump, since this is the time of year we would get geared up for Philly. Can't believe it's been almost a year since PC5.

I can't wait for PC6. Too bad it's not until Fall.

As much as I love football, I can miss a week of it for PC6. And Stan, the Titans lost half the team for salary cap reasons so they will be out of it by October.

Go Bengals.

Appropriate bump

I thought it would be nice to talk it up a bit, even if it does involve Stan. Hey, at least he was the one who called himself a bastard.

Can't believe it's been almost a year since PC5.

Time flies, doesn't it?

I can't wait for PC6.  Too bad it's not until Fall.

Neither can I. Thing is though, it is nice for a change of pace to have it in the fall.

As much as I love football, I can miss a week of it for PC6.

Agreed. I feel the same way. Stan is the idiot who made the assinine statement about missing a week of football. He's right, he is a bastard. Only bastards would blow off their friends (work reasons and sleep are excused) that he hasn't seen for over a year for a friggin' football game. Had I been a fly on the wall when "the bastard" actually wrote this post, the commentary would have gone like this...

Stan: Crap, I didn't think about the Con being scheduled during football season.

Siegler do you have Sunday Ticket?

Ed (the voice of normalcy and reason): Stan, you are such a bastard. Why do you think of things like that. It's like looking at you thinking "Stan's mouth is opening up and his foot is moving in!". Do you need an ass whuppin' or something like that? For everyone else yes. For you, no (your wife is OK to join us though).

Stan: I'm a bastard. I must see Titans game.

Ed (the voice of normalcy and reason): Stan, stop talking like a caveman. You should have said "I must see a Titans game", not "I must see Titans game". Actually though, I think I am wrong. I continuously forget that you really are the fourth guy from the left on the evolution chart. But Stan, I feel pitty on you, and I am one who takes pitty on the poor and down-trodden.

That's how it would have gone.

And Stan, the Titans lost half the team for salary cap reasons so they will be out of it by October.

Mike, you realize that. I realize that. Anyone who was born about 5 nano-seconds ago realizes that. Stan, well, I'll just leave it at that I, hell, why am I gonna be nice to Stan??? He must have been born 4 nano-seconds ago!

Go Bengals.

Mike, you worry me. Have you been conversing with Stan? Has acid rain leeched into your brain? What are you smoking boy? I just can't believe you said that.

Go Bengals.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I just laughed so hard, I think I peed myself thinking I just read a Stan post.

Get help my son. Get help.

Appropriate bump, since this is the time of year we would get geared up for Philly.  Can't believe it's been almost a year since PC5.

I can't wait for PC6.  Too bad it's not until Fall.

Yeah, it is unusual for it to be this time of year without my scrambling to get ready for PhillyClassic. Hope to hear more details about the show soon, though!

..Al

Now that its in the fall, we will be missing the show. I was hoping to meet some people, but we can't make the fall time spot. I will be in San Francisco in for JavaOne in June though... :roll:

I wish they would have kept the spring time slot. Then we would have made the trip. I grew up about 15 minutes from the location but moved a while back so its an 8 hour trip. Oh well. :x

Next year isn't possible because we will hopefully be in Colorado.

I missed PhillyClassic 5 to visit my wife in Madrid. She was doing research for her Art History doctorate dissertation there and unfortunately I had planned to meet her the week of the convention. I was there for 3 and 4and saw all of the AA. My highlight was talking to Sid Meier and how my wife curses him for getting hooked on Civ and Alpha Centauri.

Needless to say, the convention is only 15 minutes from where I live so I will be there this time around. I always find the handheld section fascinating. I saw Big Player and Stan as well as the AA section. It is interesting to see the faces behind the avatars. I'll be playing more than buying. I don't have the time or the room to buy more games.