IGNORED

Interview on TechTV ScreenSavers Friday

Paul Slocum

Bit Torrent is about as good as an Apple II's sound effects. Yes, that crappy. Actually Bit Torrent is as good of a program as General Custer from Custer's Revenge is a gentleman. Seriously Bit Torrent absolutely sucks to the highest degree. Supernova equally sucks.

With that said, is anyone going to post or send to Atari Age the video file of this show in a more usuable and stable format like(avi, mpeg, quicktime).

I'd post it if I had it but I don't.

Looking forward to watching the show.

Bittorrent sucks? Name a better P2P technology for moving large files. Emule, Kazaa, and others have trouble moving large files (files greater than 100MB) to a large number of people (greater than 100 downloaders). I have seen Bittorrents for 8GB files with hundreds of downloaders, and I have seen a 700MB file with 7000+ downloaders. Any other P2P technology would grind to a halt under those circumstances. Bittorrent was perfectly ok with those conditions.

I regularly get 60kbps (or higher) speeds on my cable modem with my bittorrent downloads. I guess you should be more specific as to what you don't like about Bittorrent. Maybe you aren't using the right client or you don't have stuff setup correctly.

Bit Torrent is about as good as an Apple II's sound effects. Yes, that crappy. Actually Bit Torrent is as good of a program as General Custer from Custer's Revenge is a gentleman. Seriously Bit Torrent absolutely sucks to the highest degree. Supernova equally sucks.

With that said, is anyone going to post or send to Atari Age the video file of this show in a more usuable and stable format like(avi, mpeg, quicktime).

I'd post it if I had it but I don't.

Looking forward to watching the show.

Bittorrent sucks? Name a better P2P technology for moving large files. Emule, Kazaa, and others have trouble moving large files (files greater than 100MB) to a large number of people (greater than 100 downloaders). I have seen Bittorrents for 8GB files with hundreds of downloaders, and I have seen a 700MB file with 7000+ downloaders. Any other P2P technology would grind to a halt under those circumstances. Bittorrent was perfectly ok with those conditions.

I regularly get 60kbps (or higher) speeds on my cable modem with my bittorrent downloads. I guess you should be more specific as to what you don't like about Bittorrent. Maybe you aren't using the right client or you don't have stuff setup correctly.

i think 60kbps would still be 1000 times to slow for atari charles :P

i use it mostly when im sleeping or at work (thats like 13 hours for downloading), and i usually have 2 torrents going at a time, so theres plenty of time for me to get what i want

if they are under 200mb i might download something when i am home but not to often, mostly just the 50mb howard stern shows, if i got everything i wanted to download very fast i would have a million CDRs over here, so this saves me money and HD space and it makes me be selective of what i DL :P

Bittorrent sucks?  Name a better P2P technology for moving large files.  Emule, Kazaa, and others have trouble moving large files (files greater than 100MB) to a large number of people (greater than 100 downloaders).  I have seen Bittorrents for 8GB files with hundreds of downloaders, and I have seen a 700MB file with 7000+ downloaders.  Any other P2P technology would grind to a halt under those circumstances.  Bittorrent was perfectly ok with those conditions.

And I have seen torrents with 15,000 people sharing the same ~170 meg file. (And damn, Naruto still hasn't been licensed yet?)

BT is at its best for sharing "new" stuff for a week or three. It's like BT was made for sharing anime fansubs.

BT also sucks a lot less when you freaking set your upload limits! If you don't, it'll completely hose your upstream bandwidth. Lost ACKs mean serious performance degradation. But that's not BT's fault, that can happen with any P2P if you don't set an upload cap. I usually set torrents for 5K upstream and leave them running all day to reach "karma" on any given file.

BTW, Any video about your band ?

if you can get Realplayer to work, this is a live A/V capture:

http://www.qotile.net/temp/combat.rm (9MB)

-paul

THANKS Paul !,

Really Great :thumbsup:

The most psychadelic game demo I ever seen.

I'am admiring the way you change the graphics/playfield of the game in synchronization with the music rhythm.

Congrats :D

I don't know who that host guy is, but man is he annoying.

Every few minutes he seems like he knows something, but then he ruins it

by being a total weirdo who seems like he only got hired because he would

work for free.

But hey, if one day they want me on the show, I'll upstage that guy you'll see.

Anyway, Good for you Paul, you're on your way.