IGNORED

Castle Crisis

Brian

Can anyone tell me if Castle Crisis is compatible with the 5200 Trackball controller?

Thanks!

I didn't try to support the trackball, so I'm guessing it won't work. It does work well with the joystick controller though (and even better with a paddle).

-Bry

That's a damn dirty shame.

Eh, get a paddle controller and you won't miss it. :)

-Bry

Actually the game is still mondo-awesome. And actually, the original 5200 controllers work just fine. Paddles are nice too, unfortunately the fire button on mine is worn out (bought it from ebay....worked about a week then almost suddenly stopped. :sad: ) But make no mistake the game is well worth it.

Any word if the atari 2600 paddles work with the redemption controller?

That is also a no. At least with the 5200 Masterplay interface.

Castle Crisis, IMHO, is the best 5200 homebrew yet.

:D The store needs some reviews of it, btw. :D

I'm going to have Albert add the ROM to the description as well.

I've been suprized at how few people have sent the old version in for the 2-port fix. To check your version, press RESET on controller 1 when you see the AA logo. If Dale Crum's name is misspelled (Crumb), then you have the old one that doesn't work properly on 2-port machines. Anyway, I've moved, so be sure to get the new address if you want to upgrade.

-Bry

Any word if the atari 2600 paddles work with the redemption controller?

That would also be a no. Tried it.

I've been suprized at how few people have sent the old version in for the 2-port fix. To check your version, press RESET on controller 1 when you see the AA logo. If Dale Crum's name is misspelled (Crumb), then you have the old one that doesn't work properly on 2-port machines. Anyway, I've moved, so be sure to get the new address if you want to upgrade.

-Bry

I never bothered to care since mine is a 4-port system. Maybe I should send mine to you just in case I ever get a 2-porter. Bry, can you PM me your address, maybe I'll send it out this weekend.

Also, just curious...where is Stuart? East coast? How far from Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale area?

Thought I'd throw in my two cents on this game.

I finally got around to trying the ROM on an emulator, and even with simulated paddles (joystick) it was very addicting.

I would highly recommend it to anyone interested.

Now I just need to check out warlords in MAME to see how it compares. I love the dragon at the beginning of the level.

Now that I've tried it, it is on my list of homebrews to get, right up there with the burgertime remake.

Now I just need to check out warlords in MAME to see how it compares.  I love the dragon at the beginning of the level.

The colors in Castle Crisis were chosen to match the upright version of Warlords, which uses a monochrome monitor with a multi-color overlay, and the screen is reflected over a cardboard background graphic. This technique was used by other games like Asteroids Deluxe and Omega Race. The cocktail version uses a color monitor and has totally different colors. Anyway, MAME will show the upright version as just B&W, so here's a picture of what you would see looking at the upright version:

-Bry

wlorig.jpg"