IGNORED

Where's the most unusual place you purchased a new game?

cvga

Back in its heyday where was the most unusual place you purchased a new game? I remember searching everywhere when Donkey Kong came out but all of the stores were sold out. I finally found one at a Lowery's Music Center. They sold pianos, organs, and some of the more popular atari games at the time. I also remember buying Firefighter from an electic supply store and Gopher at the grocery store.

When I was a little boy, on a trip to florida, my dad stoped at a gas station some where in Ohio, and I went in with him and on a rack next to the potato chips they had Pac-man, haunted house, boxing and a few others for only $15.00, and back at home in michigan I could not find a copy of pac-man anywhere, so my dad bought it for me just to shut me up.

Sorry Jess

I also remember Oddlots back when they came to michigan they had a glass case with atari 2600 games i still remember saving up my grass cutting money to buy the games, they were like 29.99 and up to about 39 bucks or so back then

man what i would'nt give for a TIME MACHINE right now

The strangest place I ever BOUGHT a new game was probably at a nursing home sale, they had 5-6 new copies of Haunted House for $5 in with all the crochet work. Please remember a few months ago I posted the strangest place I ever got any game, I completed a trade at a funeral once when I was young and all the kids were playing in the back of the church, so I won that one

Not really Atari, but pretty cool nonetheless: Years ago, when I was still in high school, I accidentally fried by C-64 (The joystick ports are right next to the on/off switch... too much static electricity and *BZZT*). I was talking about it in class, and my science teacher overheard me. He told me they had some computers like that in the back room, so he showed me around. Sure enough, there were two whole C-128 systems (monitor, disk drive, etc). Eventually, I talked to the principal, and he agreed to sell them to me (At this point, we already had internet access through IBM's in the library... I'm probably the only one who would ever use these computers again).

In the end, I ended up taking home a Commodore 128, a 1571 disk drive, a 1902 monitor, all the system disks (CP/M and all), and even a big "Commodore 128 Programmers Reference Manual" that had a $30 price tag on it. The price my principal offered me: $25. I took it

I still have the thing hooked up downstairs. With games like Ultima 4, Wasteland, Bruce Lee and more, it's second only to my Atari

--Zero

I picked up a bunch of the Big Lots carts back when they had em... But I think the weirdest place I bought a cart was there was a Red Owl grocery store in Wisconsin that was selling US Games carts out of a bin. That summer I got Commando Raid and Sneak and Peek for $7 each.

Like someone said above. This is How I purchased an Atari game.

When I lived in Denver Colorado a friend and me would always go to a big Flea market. One day we bought Sir Lancelot, Tomarc and Robin Hood single enders from this one woman. We divided the spoils.. My friend got Lancelot.

A while later he wanted me to babysit his kids on short notice. I did it for Lancelot. (This was back before we knew anything about the prices on the games, we just knew it was fairly rare.)

Lets just say, I wouldn't babysit the kids again for a Quadrun. It was the most exasting and terrifing night of my life. To make a long story short. Picture 2 allready hyper active children hopped up on sugar and driving their bikes down the street in the middle of the night in a Colorado Suburb. And me chasing them on foot. It almost too terrible to think about. ugh.