IGNORED

Why are you a jaguar fan?

sega saturn x

• 3 years later...

I had one at launch and it came with Wolfenstien my Grama bought it for me as we coudn't afford the 3D0 so I got this. Well after a year I still had that game and my Grama suprised me with Rayman and AVP and I played them to death. Well it got lost/stolen somehow and I am finally catching up on some old times and will never loose this one as it has personal valuse to me since she died. I even got what I really wanted the JAG CD as it was supposed to be my "homeMusic System " :lol: So yea that is why I am here.

i have no clue why im a jag fan

here are some possible reasons

1 - i wanted to own the last atari console system made and i wanted an upgrade from the 7800 (that XE thing was fugly)

2 - it had a cool name

3- i had just started my collector mode

4 - i saw club drive and had to have it :ponder:

i didnt get mine untill i found the discounted ones in 1997 for like $60 new, and there were only like 6 new games total left to pick from in a 100 mile radius of my house, i got 5 of the 6, the last one they wanted way to much for. i remember it being $40 or something which was $20 to $30 more than the others i bought

Why am I a Jaguar Fan.

My first contact with Atari was when I bought my ST for making music. I was so impressed with It that I couldn't believe that Atari never got bigger. Just became a fan of the brand. I also have the Falcon, the Lynx and of course couldn't resist the Jaguar. And although I had/have all the playstation consoles, the best memories I have is from my Jaguar gaming period. Long sensible soccer nights, AvP I till today never finished (but still want to, without walk througs) Doom link play, Fight for life. Although I prefer soccer and race games, there is a sort of 'feeling' with the jaguar games that modern games just don't have that makes me want to play them. BTW I also have the CD unit and a spare Jag. And I still use my ST and Falcon for making music.

Bottomline; I love Atari, and secretly I think we all like the idea that they never got bigger than they are.

Edited by Minardi

Because it was Atari and I am cheap.

I wanted the system since launch but i felt everything cost too much so i waited and when the next gen systems were coming out and I saw Atari did not have a new offering so I knew i had to get a Jaguar as it was the last of the line. Well as luck would have it the video dept. of the local grocery store was clearing out the old systems to make way for the new ones and there was a complete Jaguar system in the clearance bin and plenty of games. I paid like $5 or $10 for the system (can't remember lol)and about $1 to $5 each for the games.

I was a happy little Kroo that day! :D

I'm an Atari fan, so I was cheering for the Jaguar. Plus, Alien vs. Predator and Rayman seemed cool to me.

In reality though, after owning a Jaguar for 13 years and playing most of the games, the novelty has long worn off. I spent a long of years trying to like the system and very few games actually pull me back to play. I may actually be selling the whole thing soon.

I'm an Atari fan, so I was cheering for the Jaguar. Plus, Alien vs. Predator and Rayman seemed cool to me.

In reality though, after owning a Jaguar for 13 years and playing most of the games, the novelty has long worn off. I spent a long of years trying to like the system and very few games actually pull me back to play. I may actually be selling the whole thing soon.

I know what you mean, but T2K alone has made me keep mine.

I'm not really much of a fan these days.

Will probably keep it because of T2K. That's just too fun to play once in a while.

IMHO, the system could really use some home brew activity. It's complex though, and that just might keep the barrier to entry high enough to just stall things for a long time. Don't know.

Almost sold it. Decided to just stash it and see what comes in the future.

1. Well Ive had just about every Atrai out there, and this looked like a HUGE jump from my 7800.

2. Saw Tempest 2000 running at the store.

3. Heard Tempest 2000 playing at the store.

4. Played Tempest 2000 and didnt want too leave.

5. I like Atari!

6. Always went for the OddBall system.....like my NEO-GEO

7. It was a new system...Always give it a try....BACK THEN.

8. Looked cool to me.

9. Had the money too blow.

10. Was hopping for more REVAMPED Clasic to be made for it done the road...like BERZRK,GORF,TRON...ect.

Still Love it today!

Besides saturn and maybe people who got dooped in to getting a cd>i. Jaguar fan have gotten very hosed from atari and ridicule from other gamers. And i know how hard it is to defen a dead or failing system. So why do you guys stick with the jag? I know why ive stuck with my saturn i always loved the rich earthy textures of most saturn 3-d games. And the saturn has games you just cant find any thing like on another system like nights or guardian heros. Thats my reason for defending a a failure whats yours?

Cuz I said so that's why! :P No, seriously, because its an Atari.

Plus, as a coder , I still think its got more punch packing yet.

:D

I think many people have a hard time thinking the jag is 64 bit whean alot of the games look like 32X games and just dont compare to alot of psx or saturn games. But the biggest reason is the n64 which and theirs no argueing that all the games do look much much better.

The real trouble is that the Jaguar uses a 68k. Even small tasks with this chip can choke the system.

Most games were written using way to much 68k code. This does not allow the 64 bit parts inside the

system to perform as fast.

What do you think would happen to traffic if you were on a 64 lane high way

that suddenly turned into a 16 lane highway? Major jam! This is why the Jag

games are not as good as they could be. The power it is capable of is not easy

to harness due to the lack of tools.

That and the fact that Atari forgot 99% of all the great titles from their classic library.

BTW, the N64 is a 64 bit internal processor only. It cannot deliver a full 64 bits

to extenal memory as the CPU only has 32 bit address lines externally.

Its not about bits ultimately but how you utilize them.

Did you get Gorf Classic on the Jag CD?

No.

Not Untill somebody Sells/Trades me one, or Gorf ever releases it again!

Thats why I put up my trade list!

Im leaving it up another couple of weeks,then I'll put it all up on Ebay & Chuckwagon I think!

Edited by nonner242

May as well pipe in with my own reasons for being a Jag fan, even though this is a zombie thread. I was an Atari fanboy from the moment I first laid eyes on the 2600, and progressively went through most of the different systems as time went on. My first computer was an Atari 130XE, then after a few years I graduated from that to the ST series. On the console front, I skipped the 5200 because I hated the controllers more than just about anything else, and my parents wouldn't buy me a 7800, so my next Atari console was the Lynx. The Jaguar was pretty much a natural progression for me, and I ate up any news of its development as it became available.

I didn't get to buy the Jag at launch due to money issues (I was a senior in high school), but the very first thing I did when I arrived home after graduating from Marine Corps boot camp was use some of the money I earned to buy the Jag along with AvP and T2K. I continued playing and supporting the system during my time in the Marines, and even got a few other fellow jarheads to buy systems. Unfortunately, I alone wasn't enough to help the Jaguar survive, but I've had a hard time letting go of it ever since.

At first I would say "because the other sytems sucks"

But I will say , because the jaguar is most human than the others sytem , she's like us , she is good and bad, she can do strange things , she can do beautiful things , she 's not perfect , she has a part of mystery, she can do a lot things but she isn't the best , ...

Jaguar I love you !

ps : In France the atari jaguar is a female ... :D

"une jaguar"

Well, I guess after 70+ posts, it's time for me to chime in on this topic. I am a Jaguar fan becuase I like it. You see, I'm a fan of things I like and not a fan of things I don't like. Isn't that the core of it for everyone?