IGNORED

Why are you a jaguar fan?

sega saturn x

I'm not a fan of the Jaguar. I'm a fan of all game systems! :D Why? because there's always going to be at least something good for even the worst system. The only exception I've found is the RCA Studio II, whose entire library of games is about as fun as being dragged behind a supersonic electric train on the third rail.

WOW! what a BUMP!

I just read it through, and in my opinion you gotta love this thread just for this:

there is a Gunstar post from 2004 and another Gunstar post from 2008.

He probably forgot he posted one of the very first replies, and in his recent post he says: "Well, I guess after 70+ posts, it's time for me to chime in on this topic."

Gunstar, you are a pillar here at AA. You ROCK!

I can't believe anyone would sell off their Jaguar collection unless in dire financial need!

It took me too long to get my collection up to where it is now!

If I get bored, I just walk away for a while.

I always keep one console and CD add-on hooked up to my TV for emergency action!

T2K always draws me back in!

B2K keeps me going!

My Jag is neglected right now due to Rock Band.

I'll be back to playing it long before Christmas, I'm sure!

I can't believe anyone would sell off their Jaguar collection unless in dire financial need!

It took me too long to get my collection up to where it is now!

If I get bored, I just walk away for a while.

I always keep one console and CD add-on hooked up to my TV for emergency action!

B2K keeps me going!

My Jag is neglected right now due to Rock Band.

I'll be back to playing it long before Christmas, I'm sure!

i agree! Jaguar Rules! how ya been Broonale? havent seen you around much! :)

B2K keeps me going!

Sounded like me in 2001... I had a while where the Jaguar was just a fancy audio CD player.

I have a bunch of games for the Jaguar, but my Bubsy cart always draws me back in. I can DEFINATELY understand Tempest 2K being a common choice though.

Breakout 2K is awesome. We just need to hack the rotary controller in there.

We've been pretty good, Buddy!

I saved up my 5 weeks vacation for summer this year and have gotten to spend every bit of it with my son!

He has his cousins over more often than not for Rock Band and arcade parties!

His cousins always want to play R-Band on PS3 or Wii-Fit, they're not much for the Atari stuff!

Lately my obsession is my 50's console tube radios and collecting vinyl!

I think the old wood consoles are absolutely gorgeous as furniture!

Old marginal records sound cool on vintage equipment!

I also love listening to my precious records on my PS-LX-300USB!

The critters also keep me busy!

My latest console and critter pics are here:

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/broonale/

B2K keeps me going!

Sounded like me in 2001... I had a while where the Jaguar was just a fancy audio CD player.

I have a bunch of games for the Jaguar, but my Bubsy cart always draws me back in. I can DEFINATELY understand Tempest 2K being a common choice though.

Breakout 2K is awesome. We just need to hack the rotary controller in there.

I did find the controller code in the B2k source. What I need to do is find out if there is enough room

left in the DSP local ram to fit the rotary read code in there. It's not a lot so hopefully there is some

room left. I've not looked at the DSP code thourougly to figure anything out yet. This code is mostly

68k as it is so I dont want to use that processor to do it.

I did find the controller code in the B2k source. What I need to do is find out if there is enough room

left in the DSP local ram to fit the rotary read code in there. It's not a lot so hopefully there is some

room left. I've not looked at the DSP code thourougly to figure anything out yet. This code is mostly

68k as it is so I dont want to use that processor to do it.

I'm so glad they released that code. Let us know what you find out, I'm naturally interested. Rotary controller, or the lack, was the only issue I had with B2K.

I'm a fan for many reasons:

1. I love under-dog and underrated systems because I know that most people are dumb asses and act like mindless sheep when it comes to the truth. I knew that Jaguar couldn't be as bad as people say. Plus, I'm not going to miss out on the chance of finding some great unknown games just because someone tells me a system sucks, I need to know for myself!

2. Back in 1994 I was 9 years old and was in love with anything video game related. But since I was a kid, and not a rich kid, I had only a SNES. I used to read and dream about having a 32X, Jaguar, 3D0 etc...and now I can afford any system! Who cares if it is 10+ years after it was popular?

3. It just has a certain novelty to it. It's like my own personal system that no one else has! LOL Only my best friend has one, and because of me! I get to introduce the Jaguar to all kinds of people for the first time.

4. The games! Iron Soldier, AvP, Tempest, Zool 2, etc, they all blew me away. The Jaguar has about 10-15 awesome games, about 20-30 average but fun games, and the rest I really don't care about. But those 50 games are freaking awesome!!!

I will always be a Jaguar fan. In fact, I'm about to buy a brand new unopened system to have as a back-up encase some happens to my other one! I'm also going to suck it up and buy some expensive but rare stuff like Iron Soldier II cartridge and Brett Hull Hockey and stuff like that! Oh yeah and I need a Jaguar CD!

WOW! what a BUMP!

I just read it through, and in my opinion you gotta love this thread just for this:

there is a Gunstar post from 2004 and another Gunstar post from 2008.

He probably forgot he posted one of the very first replies, and in his recent post he says: "Well, I guess after 70+ posts, it's time for me to chime in on this topic."

Gunstar, you are a pillar here at AA. You ROCK!

I didn't realize it was an old revived thread! I'll have to go look at what I said the first time around, since it's certainly different as at the time I hadn't seen the same similiar types of topics over and over again. My current reply is a result of being tired of this type of topic being rehashed over and over for years...now, I'll have to go look at what I said in 2004, which is certainly still valid, but less critical of the topic.

• 3 weeks later...

It started for me back when I was about 8 or 9 (in 94 or 95) and I read a review of Alien vs. Predator. This was a couple of years before I would play a ps1 or own an N64 so I was incredibly impressed by the screenshots. I remember the reviewer saying something like, "Alien vs. Predator is so good that it's almost a good enough reason to own a jaguar...almost". I knew I wouldn't be able to get a jaguar just for Alien vs. Predator, but I kept it in mind until I finally could get one.

Fast forward to 2003 when I found someone on ign's trading boards (yeah, looking back that was a really pathetic place to trade) who was selling one for cheap ($70 with a bunch of games). I bought it and loved Tempest 2000, Alien Vs. Predator, Iron Soldier and Doom out of the games I got.

I traded my jag away several years ago and have been considering getting another one just so I can finally play Tempest 2000 with a rotary controller. Since there is all of this work being done on getting Breakout 2000 to have rotary controller functionality, maybe I'll wait around until that becomes a reality.

By the way, for those of you discussing which Wolfenstein version is best... The 3do's version is actually by far the best Wolfenstein. It has incredibly good sound (the music and sound effects are very crisp and high quality), solid framerate, and I believe it has bigger sprites than the other versions. It's the only cd version of the game ever released (unless there's one that I missed in my search), which explains the better sound. Here's a video of it:

-Adam

Edited by KIWASABI