IGNORED

Ton's of Instructions!! Brag?

Zeptari

The Spider-Man manual is enlivened by the graphics of Spidey and the Green Goblin accompanied by speech balloons. Over the years this (admittedly corny) feature has been responsible for the lion's share of my nostalgia for this game, even though there are only three of these graphics in the entire manual.

Now that i've had some time to think about it. I'm really suprised that their wasn't any Activision instuctions in that grab bag i got. Are Activision game manuals rare or something? I really like the 2 activision game manuals i already have kaboom and skiing. i think it's neat the way they put a picture and a bio of the programmer in it.

Are all of activisions manuals like that?

Ohh see the market place here too. I have a few common duplicate manuals for trade if anyones interested.

quote:

Originally posted by Zeptari:

Now that i've had some time to think about it. I'm really suprised that their wasn't any Activision instuctions in that grab bag i got. Are Activision game manuals rare or something? I really like the 2 activision game manuals i already have kaboom and skiing.

No, manuals for the common Activision games (Kaboom!, Pitfall!, Laser Blast, Freeway, etc.) are pretty common. Activision manuals in general are relatively easy to come by, I think I have manuals for most of the Activision games.

..Al

Had a major hit last night at my local game store right here in Mass! Paid only $5 for over 70 manuals for the 2600 and Colecovision!

Most are in great shape. Some of the few I think are rare or just really cool looking:

Xonox catalog for the double enders.

Buck Roger's - Planet of Zoom

Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes

Atari 2600jr owners manual

Journey

Tac Scan

Spderman

both Fireworld and Earthworld

and for the Colecovision...

Super Cross Fire

BC's Quest for Tire's

War Room +Data Card <<-- I never heard of this one??? made by Probe 2000.

2 Donkey Kong a one red and one blue?? Why?

and a bunch more...

most of the game instructions i picked up I don't even own yet!

I have an Activision Robot Tank manual which is all-black text on an all-white background—no images whatsoever (unless you count the Activision logo). There is no programmer information in this manual, which differs in other ways from the HTML Robot Tank manual on AtariAge. My manual also lacks patch information, instead presenting information about NORAD. The introduction to the manual is also slightly different.