IGNORED

Christmas

atarimastermarty

I think if I could find one for under $1000 I'd want either Tempest or Star Wars the Arcade Game. I remember years ago I was at a game distributor and they had Star Wars for $600.00 If only I had the available cash then that I have now. Oh well.

I think the two most expensive old school coin-ops right now are Galaga and Ms Pac Man. In fact they now sell a new Galaga/Ms Pac Man combo for a mere $3,750-$4,000. These two games still have that magic staying power and still bring in consistant weekly revenue for game vendors. My dad does this for a living and I worked with him for about 2 years. Your best bet is to look up a local games distributer and give them a call. Sometimes they have to clear out a warehouse or something and will sell games for pretty good prices. A plus side to this is if you go down to their office many times they have all the latest games set up in a display area and you can play them for free!! Just don't bring a 6 pack of beer and your lunch...They might get a little ticked at that.

I've heard that you can Exidy games from the early 80's for about $300-500. They produced a lot of great games: Ladybug, Venture, Side Track, Rip Cord, Pepper II, Mouse Trap, etc.

Of course I'm a Colecovision nut, so I'm kind of biased towards Exidy games.

I think the best thing to do is make a list of games you'd like, and then find out which ones are in your price range.

I actually have a Star Wars stand-up that I was keeping in my living room (yes, bachelor at the time) and I would highly recommend getting one of them! Fun game plus the pop culture coolness (it's fun to hear people say 'I collect Star Wars' and then crush them with 'me too but I only see the need for the video game...that took quarters) They generally go snivelling away I also have a Karate Champ game in my place now and that is also a fun game that old-schoolers warm up to when they see it. I also had a table top Arkanoid that was pretty fun too...the benefit being the 'unpredictability' and not getting bored of it after playing it non-stop for a little while. PS. I had put my Star Wars in a comic book shop for a while and split the money with the owner. I found that's a great place to put older games where people will appreciate them and not kick the hell out of them in anger. After something like two months the game had paid for itself! All I can say is make sure you have a friend who has a pick-up or a cart to drag your machine around in if you need to move it or store it somewhere. Okay, too much advice. Good Luck!

Yeah I thought of that too...Do they make an arcade style joystick for the PC like they did for consols like SNES? Ones with a set up similar to a real arcade game set up? That would be the ultimate. I saw a picture of something like that. I didnt know if the guy had custom built the controls or if you could just buy it.

Hey,

moycon

Great site.

I'm tempted to order the Gyruss they have for sale.

That and Mr.Do would be my 2 choices.

And I know how some of you feel about (dare I say the word) E-bay.

but I have a friend who has bought 4 arcade coin ops off ebay with great success, he's sold 2 and has Superman and one other game i

ll have to ask what the second game he has is but that can be a source for games.

Here is another link, it is for Namco.

NAMCO Used Game Database Search

For those in the USA it will let you search for Used Video Games, Redemption games, and other such things by region or state. It gives you a contact number or email address for the place selling the item. These are, however, only NAMCO games I believe