IGNORED

Damn I lose the Minigame deadline...

Schmutzpuppe

• 1 year later...
It was done long before the deadline I just forgot to submit it.

940087[/snapback]

I think the point is that you could submit it to this years competition instead?

Chris

940119[/snapback]

hm, right I will think about it but I am not sure if the contest need the same type of game three times in a row (last year the great cave 1k and 2003 the old superfly version).

hm, right I will think about it but I am not sure if the contest need the same type of game three times in a row  (last year the great cave 1k and 2003 the old superfly version).

940298[/snapback]

I don't think it will be a problem. The competition is rather low on entries this year (at the moment), so there is a good chance.

Chris

• 1 month later...
I don't think it will be a problem.  The competition is rather low on entries this year (at the moment), so there is a good chance.

940341[/snapback]

Low on entries? In the 16-bit field, yeah (if I could wrote an 8K "Hello World" program for a 16-bit system I could win by default) but the 8-bit field looks pretty well-populated. Perhaps they can subdivide by system next year.

Hi there!

Low on entries?

Low on entries, yes:

2002: 62 Games

2003: 63 Games

2004: 59 Games

2005: 42 Games (+1?)

Greetings,

Manuel

957496[/snapback]

Compared to last years you are right but it's still a fairly number of entries.

I only hope that it don’t getting lower the next years.

One thing I wonder about is the high number of 2600 entries compared to the c64 games (15 to 9 if I count correctly).

One thing I wonder about is the high number of 2600 entries compared to the c64 games (15 to 9 if I count correctly).

957718[/snapback]

Considering the graphics and sound capabilites, the 2600 by far an inferior system to the C64, yet we wrote (and continue to write) superior games. I think we scared them off ... it's kind of like taking your Ferrari to the racetrack and you get beat by an old VW bug... Chances are you won't be back.

Hi there!

Hm... one should analyse the entry numbers, but my feelings are that especially the Spectrum and Oric guys had fewer entries than last year.

Also I think a lot of exotics gave up, as there's no ZX81/Intellivision/Apple II/Game Boy/Plus 4/Amstrad entries this year...

I'm thrilled to see that the Coleco is going stronger though. Last year Daniel B. entered 2 games and this year there's already entries from 3 different people. It's cool to see it getting more active every year.

Greetings,

Manuel

Oric is still doing good, 4 out of 45 entries. The C64 scene seems mostly to consist of demo coders and elite game programmers who concentrate on larger projects. Dunno about ZX Spectrum though. There was a parallel Spectrum only compo (and I'm not referring to the yearly CSSCGC) which was thought to get the attention, but it also had a very low number of entries.