IGNORED

What Unfinished Jag Game Do You Wish Was Released?

SauceCaptain

I was looking through the long list of jaguar games that didn't ever get finished / released and it's truly a sad sight. I don't think any system has had more vaporware than the jaguar so it makes you wonder how cool some of those games that dissapeared could have been. So many of the games that didn't make it sounded great, and the screen shots from some of them are fantastic. I'm not talking about the games that are still being made today like eerievale (looks amazing), I'm talking about the games that got canned because the jaguar didn't last very long. Dactyl joust, black ice white noise, even bomberman jaguar was rumored to be a finished game !!!! but when atari merged with JTS they didn't release it. Of all the games that didn't make, it what would you have liked to see get finished / released?

Bomberman Jaguar wasn't just rumored to be finished... it is finished and highly playable from what I've heard. Atari just wouldn't license it.

Personally, Black Ice / White Noise is the game that could've made the biggest splash. It continually reminds me of a graphically inferior Shenmue, which I mean as a high compliment.

I might also put in two cents for AvP2 or Defender 2000 CD. Both of those seemed to be pretty interesting sounding.

Overall though, the biggest thing isn't so much software as it was hardware -- the Jaguar VR helmet could've done so much for the system and made it truly unique, and the price point was insanely good. From having been able to try the actual system at Jagfest 2K1 and the Midwest Gaming Classic, I can honestly say that the Jag VR is one of the most amazing gaming experiences ever, and when it was developed the time was really right for its release.

My vote goes for Robinson's Requiem. I thought the game was brilliant on the PC, but frankly, playing games on computers never feels right... I would have loved to have a Jaguar version.

I remember I was looking forward to Brett Hull's Hockey (Hey, I'm a Canadian... we're bred to crave hockey), but after playing it on a Genesis, it probably would have sucked anyways. Would have been nice to see a hockey game get released on the machine though.

I was also really looking forward to the whole VR helmet along with Dactyl Joust... I've always been a huge fan of Virtual Reality, and I still don't understand how the whole technology just sort of disappeared in the late 90's... If someone were to release a cheap, effective VR helmet tomorrow, I'd be lining up for it.

For some reason, I also wanted to see more of Assault and Dungeon Depths... although both were MidNite titles, and they didn't exactly do a great job with AirCars, so these two probably weren't a huge loss.

--Zero

I remember I was looking forward to Brett Hull's Hockey (Hey, I'm a Canadian... we're bred to crave hockey), but after playing it on a Genesis, it probably would have sucked anyways. Would have been nice to see a hockey game get released on the machine though.

It has been released on cartridge IIRC B&C Conputervision stock it, although having seen it running at this years JagFest UK I thought the graphics were awfull.

Personally I would have liked to have seen completed version of BIWN, American Hero, Golf and Space Wars 2000 if your talking of official software as for user produced software The Assassain looked like it could have been a great RPG.

Bomberman Jaguar wasn't just rumored to be finished... it is finished and highly playable from what I've heard.  Atari just wouldn't license it.

sad story.... SOMEONE should release it ASAP! bomberman has always been one of my favourite multiplayer games, nothing beats blasting your buddies to ashes with a looooooong chainreaction of well-laidout bombs!

personally i think that the jag definitely needs more pirate cartidges of games like this.....

I've always wanted to know how far along Legions of the Undead was. Rebellion started working on it after Aliens vs. Predator, and i've seen some okay looking screenshots, but I really wanted something more. It was supposed to be running on a streamlined AvP graphics engine, and it was an action RPG. But there weren't very many mentions about it in the mainstream press at the time (Gamefan was about the only magazine that really gave a damn about the Jag, at least in the beginning of the Jag's life cycle), and I would like to see this one finished. The Jaguar needs a good zombie 3D action role playing game.

I've always wanted to know how far along Legions of the Undead was. Rebellion started working on it after Aliens vs. Predator, and i've seen some okay looking screenshots, but I really wanted something more. It was supposed to be running on a streamlined AvP graphics engine, and it was an action RPG. But there weren't very many mentions about it in the mainstream press at the time (Gamefan was about the only magazine that really gave a damn about the Jag, at least in the beginning of the Jag's life cycle), and I would like to see this one finished. The Jaguar needs a good zombie 3D action role playing game.

Yup...Gamefan kicks ass. And infact..they covered it past its lifecycle..covering the likes of Battlesphere, the JAMMA aracade stick, and another game from Songbird..can't remember atm. :ponder:

Creature Shock, please.

I had forgotten about that game. I remember seeing a screenshot of it either on the back of the Jaguar box or the JagCD box and couldn't wait for it to come out.

However, I'm afraid I'd have to cast my vote for BI/WN like alot of the other people did. That game sounded/looked like it had some real potential. (Creature shock was a close second though.)

What is black ice white noise about? Also obviously my choice would be AVP2 but make it on a planet and maybe see the yautja's (Predator) home planet and the female ones (which in the books are actually bigger than the males and probably very fugly lol) the alien should have wall climbing abilities and the marine can go up in rank and maybe fight along side with his marine buddies as with the other spieces would be good too, wouldnt be squad based if they died it wouldnt be game over. Also a King Alien (with wings) would be nice and the game can be cd andcart and the cart will double as a memory card and the game should be long multiplayer and jaglink co op and spieces deathmatch with different endings.