IGNORED

What Unfinished Jag Game Do You Wish Was Released?

SauceCaptain

Theres enough games just buy one or actually play one before dismissing it. You wont regret it, Temptest Alien VS Predator (why I got one) Doom Wolfenstein Cannon Fodder Iron Soldier Iron Soldier 2 Syndicate and others are very great plus its a fun system to tinker around with. Im going to paint red claw marks on mine to match the R in the Jaguar logo plus its Atari's last console.

Theres enough games just buy one or actually play one before dismissing it. You wont regret it, Temptest  Alien VS Predator (why I got one)  Doom Wolfenstein Cannon Fodder  Iron Soldier Iron Soldier 2  Syndicate and others are very great plus its a fun system to tinker around with. Im going to paint red claw marks on mine to match the R in the Jaguar logo plus its Atari's last console.
Well the fact that it was atari's last console dosent mean all that much to me since im a sega fan boy. But any way i am trying to track one down on ebay and a copy of protector.

Hi Sega Saturn X!

You obviously like horror movies, judging from your avatars... First Freddy, now Pinhead... :)

In that case Eerievale might be a Jag game for you once it is finished.

It's the first horror adventure game for the Jag and no horror / adventure fan would want to miss it.

http://www.eerievale.de

Regards, Lars.

They do have that for pc and I think the 2nd one is very in depth and you can be a facehugger and chestburster. But it would be cool on Jaguar but obviously better on PC.

Yes you can, infact in story mode you are forced to, but, AvP2 PC UTTERLY FAILED to capture the atmosphere there was in the first one, and even in the Jaguar version. It feels more like a movie on dvd that you can pause when you like, since aliens only ever come at you in pre-scripted waves, triggered by VERY obvious actions you perform, once you've done a section once and died, you know exactly what to expect the next time over, and although aliens can kill you fairly easily, it still feels more like quake than AvP, there just isnt the terror there was in AvP1 PC. Then again, I've never tried either 1 or 2 in multiplayer, which I suspect would feel very different, yes, you know there are humans controling the aliens, but that makes them intelegent and harder to predict, and thus kill.

Even though I know the levels on AvP1 PC, Im still too scared to play it as a marine for more than one level without a break, no other game has EVER done that, so I'll stick with that methinks.

Hi folks !

Yes, I think they did VERY well with AVP2. Much more cool features, better graphics, cooler weapons, MUCH better level design/game design and a very fun single player game with each character and also very cool multiplayer mode.

AvP 1 on PC lacked in many areas and AvP2 is a huge improvement in all areas I think. I think AvP2 is the best alien game of all time so far and I also think the atmosphere is awesome in AvP2...

Regards, Lars.

Hi Sega Saturn X!

You obviously like horror movies, judging from your avatars... First Freddy, now Pinhead...  :)  

In that case Eerievale might be a Jag game for you once it is finished.

It's the first horror adventure game for the Jag and no horror / adventure fan would want to miss it.

http://www.eerievale.de

Regards, Lars.

That looks very cool ill have to keep start looking harder for a jag. Any idea if this site will cary it once its done?

The 1st AVP for PC lacked substance and AVP2 was just awsome and I have to pick that up with the expansion pack. Theres other places for Jags besides ebay just shop around. Dont worry about a CD drive yet. Id get Wolfenstein 3d Doom Temptest Syndicate and whatever else those are fairly cheap but AVP is expensive. I paid like 70 bucks and Im only missing one overlay but as a AVP fanboy it was worth it and the original reason I got a Jag.

Hi sega saturn x !

I am not sure if Atariage will sell it once it's done, but as they also sell other homebrew releases for the Jag like Painter and Ocean Depths, they will probably sell Eerievale once it's done as well.

Your best resource on infos for the project is the eerievale homepage though. On Euro JagFest 2004 ( http://www.e-jagfest.de ) a new demo of the game will be presented. That is in two weeks and four days. So you will probably see some new screenshots and infos after that on the Eerievale site.

Regards, Lars.

You want to talk about being mad at unrealesed games i was doinf some research and the dream cast has almost 100 unreleased or partily finished games on it!

True the dreamcast had many games that didn't make it, but the jaguar had even more, by far. Many of those dreamcast games got finished on other systems later, but most of the jaguar games just got canned and were forgotten. Mainly because atari went dead, and lots of games were first party or second party that couldn't go to another systems. By the time JTS went dead too, nobody would have cared about the games anyway, even they were ported to other consoles.

Creature Shock, please.

No thanks. Creature Shock was a product of the unfortunate "FMV shooter" fad. Just sit back and watch the pretty movies, and click on the screen every now and then. Home of the Underdogs describes it as, "...one of the worst games ever made".

Have you actually ever even played the game? On any system? It sounds to me like you are a real sucker that believes everything they read by biased game mag writers (an they are ALL biased in one way or another, not to mention that it's all just opinion anyway). I picked up Creature Shock for the Saturn and it seems a very fun shooter game to me, and absolutely NOTHING like you described so far...It's certainly not a point and click with FMV game, it's a real shooter with real graphics and real polygons and a good story. It does have lots of FMV cut scenes in between levels, but what game doesn't on cd? You better actually TRY the game before saying it sucks becuase you heard it sucks! :roll:

The Highlander Trilogy

Sky Hammer

Legions of the Undead

Soul Star

Phase Zero

Jack Nicklaus' Cyber Golf

Conan

Major Havoc 2000

Hardball 3

XXYYZZ, or is it XXXZZZYYY :D ...anyways, that 2D Raiden type shooter that the makers of Super Burnout were working on.

Battlewheels

Thea Realm Fighters

Atari 2600 emulator

Jagiar VR w/Zone Hunter as the pack-in game.

The big game I wanted released has been... battlesphere! I wanted a game with a Star Raiders element. (Atari 800 fan too).

Would like to see even a simple version of Joust and Warlords (Warlords being multiple player of course!)

Raiden 2 would have been awesome.

Hi Sega Saturn X !

Thanks :) I'm glad you like the screenshots. If you liked those already wait till you see the screenshots of the new version, that will be presented on Euro Jag Fest 2004, in a bit more than two weeks :D

Personally I'm quite a horror fan and Eerievale is exactly the kind of game I always wanted to play myself. But there was never a game released

that was like the picture I had in mind.

So I decided to create such a game myself.

Regards, Lars.

Another game that piqued my interest was called something like Zodiac Fighters. I believe it was canned pretty early on. It was by a company called Rainmaker Software, which was based nearby in Dallas. It was going to be a 3D fighting game based on the signs of the Zodiac. I wish I knew who and where it was designed, so I could track the programmers down and maybe check to see if they had any playable code.

Hi Sega Saturn X !

Yes, that's true. That was also one of the things that came to my mind as well and that is something that will not happen with Eerievale.

However to all the people out there who are rather into brighter games, do not worry, because Eerievale will offer both, calm, brighter screens, but at a later stage of the game, also quite dark and frightening scenes.

All scenes will be very atmospheric and well designed.

So I don't think that anybody will be disappointed

With the game I want to put some new life into the horror adventure genre and I think I have some pleasent surprises inside of Eerievale already.

The story is thrilling and scary, the atmosphere in the game is great and there are some unique features that I have not yet seen in other games, that will also make Eerievale stand out from the crowd. (as if there even was a crowd of horror adventure games ;) )

Regards, Lars.