IGNORED

Donkey Konga

Paralistalon

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

...I bought this game (*GASP!*) for my cousin for his 4th birthday. I asked him what he wanted, and he wanted a game for his Cube...

...much to my dismay, mind you.

So I spent the money on it and got him this, along with a bongo so he can tap his little heart away.

Im still pissed at having to buy him a Nintendo game, but the shriek of laughter when he opened it paid for it.

He enjoys it :D

Has anyone gone out and bought more than one set of bongos for this game? I saw where they sell the bongos seperate for like $30.00 but wondered if the game game was that much funner with 2 people? I'm thinking of getting a cube for Xmas specifically for the DK game.

It's good fun any true gamer would enjoy.

Come on Jasoco, don't start things again LOL. You did understand what I meant.
No, you don't understand what moycon meant.

He said he wanted to play MULTIPLAYER. You suggested he buy another game with the money. That isn't going to help him play Donkey Konga with two players now, is it?

You see? There you go again making a fuss over nothing. Oh well, I guess I am gonna have to spell it out for you :roll:

Moycon said he is considering to buy a Gamecube just so he can play this game with a friend. He also implied he was considering buying an extra set of conga controllers. Since this is a lot money, he asks if it's worth shelling out the extra cash for this. I ask him (not you) wether it would be better to spend that extra money for a couple of extra games.

PS: I never thought moycon had an evil twin brother ha ha lol

In the past i have disliked ddr with a pashion. Mainly because

1.it cost a buck to play

2.i was never any good at it

3.the songs were beyond lame

But now with donky konga on the market there is finaly a rythm game i can really enjoy. I will with out a doubt be buying the game as soon as i can. Because it would apear all my complaints have been fixed. And i will enjoy every minute of it and not care what people like adrian m think nor should you. He clearly dislikes the style of game and feels he needs to insult not only the game but the people who like it. I will never understand this mind set but hey thats just me.

I think this looks fun, but for me I think the real fun would be watching others play. My rhythm factor is absolute zero, so I know I would suck and give up.

There is a short rhythm based task you have to complete in Zelda: Oracle of Ages that nearly made me smash my GBA and forsake the game forever. After no less than fifty tries, I did finally do it though. I'm sure DK would be the same - frustration through the roof.

What about that upcoming DK Jungle Beat game that is supposed to use the bongos too? I wonder if you'll need some musical skills to play that..

lol @ that picture of the baby with fuzzy bongos.

Anyway, the game has "We Will Rock You" by Queen.... Queen!

(granted it's done by another group but it's hard to tell the difference)

I only have 3 songs left to get gold on in gorilla.

I have yet to try out duet mode with the computer assuming the 2nd player. I figure it should give me some new song-beat arrangements.

The Mario and Zelda theme arrangements are very good.

Finally got around to playing my US copy last night. Got gold first time on all monkey and chimp songs, plus I did gold Small Things and Locomotion on gorilla. From trying those two out, I'd say the level is definitely around the Japanese release level, which is quite tricky to those who have below average co-ordination :P

Just need to buy the rest of the gorilla songs and ace them...

I'm a veteran of the two Japanese releases hence the fact I breezed through the lower 2 difficulty levels ;)

• 2 weeks later...