IGNORED

Catapult - 1st Screenshot

khryssun

Catapult is my current game in progress for the VCSS.

As I said in a previous topic, it's the port of the Odyssey 2 game : Stone Slinger.... with a lot of improvements.

Here is the first screenshot.

The game is in very early stage of development.

I hope to complete the program within christmas.

http://www.khryssun.cjb.net/Catapult.php

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: khryssun ]

Finally,Odyssey 2's "Smithereens" on the 2600.It really suprises me that this game wasn't done in the heyday of the 2600.Your screenshot got me thinking-how about having a few sprites of medivial army guys storming/running over to the opposing side that has lost the match(i.e.,when their castle is gone).

>>

i dont quite get VCSS. Is it making actual atari games or is it just a "pretend atari" maker, where you do things not possible on the 2600. <<

It's a pretend Atari. The rules are loose enough that it's all too easy to make a graphic that can't be done on the Atari. I doubt it enforces only 2 8-bit sprites per scanline either.

I don't blame the VCSS author, though. The limitations of the 2600 are hard to distill into an easy set of rules. It's hard to say what is or isn't impossible, although there are some absolute limits.