IGNORED

Future value?

Synthead

I'm not a big fan of buying things just to invest in them. I bought my Atari for the sake of loving vintage gaming and was curious what 2600s were all about and it ROCKS! This thing is so much fuuun ... I already have like 5 things coming in the mail for it, it's gonna be insane ... BUT ... I'm still curious about the future value that 2600s might have. Do you think that in the next decade, Atari units will go up in value? How about in like 50 years? I have no idea, and I'm betting that a lot of you guys don't know either, but I'm curious about it :)

Hi there!

I'd guess the Activision cartridges will go up in rarity in the next decade. They're manufactured at a very low quality and they are IMO already dying at a higher rate than most other companies games.

Greetings,

Manuel

*STMOA rushes to eBay, scooping up all the Activision carts* :lolblue:

They are one of the better companies for the 2600....fun games for the most part. Nice condition Activision labels seem to be dying out.

I'd guess the Activision cartridges will go up in rarity in the next decade. They're manufactured at a very low quality and they are IMO already dying at a higher rate than most other companies games.

The roms are going bad or just the actiplaque labels? :ponder:

Voch

Many of us are of the Atari generation. We grew up playing these games when they were new. Through collecting (and playing) them, we are reliving happy (perhaps happier), more innocent times. I cannot honestly see how a younger generation would hold the hobby in the same esteem.

Relatively speaking, will these collectibles hold their value? Undoubtedly. Will they continue to increase in value? There are too many variables to be figured into the equation to make an accurate prediction.

-==[szandor]==-

Relatively speaking, will these collectibles hold their value? Undoubtedly. Will they continue to increase in value? There are too many variables to be figured into the equation to make an accurate prediction.

-==[szandor]==-

Why do you even care? Either they mean something to you, or they don't. :?

Hi there!

Greetings,

Manuel

This has been my experience with Activision carts too. It's sad that those high quality games were put on such cheaply made carts.

99% of the games will be of little to no value, higher than what they are now. That is, of course, unless something major happens. I keep trying to instill in people that collecting has alot to do with rarity. The rarest of the rare will always hold value, but as more games are dug out of attics, closets, and basements, more will be put on the market, thus lowering the value. Even some of the rare ones may drop if these come into the light.

I'm also assuming that there are thousands of games stored in warehouses that have not come to light. I'm not talking about the 1,000,000 games O'Shea has, but of others.

Phil