IGNORED

Krokodile Cartridge

Kroko

You are a braver man than I, Thomas.

Not at all.

I talked to Achim and he said that there only is a theoretical chance to damage the Atari (not the cart!) and the text is mainly there due to legal reasons.

Believe me, if it said I had to stand on my head and whistle the main theme from Star Wars before programming the Krok, you better believe I'd be learning how to stand on my head right now. :D :D :D

I refuse to learn any tricks just because the world is full of greedy lawyers. :)

Believe me, if it said I had to stand on my head and whistle the main theme from the national anthem before programming the Krok, you better believe I'd be learning how to stand on my head right now. :D :D :D

I refuse to learn any tricks just because the world is full of greedy lawyers. :)

Edited for copyright issues :D

Not at all.

I talked to Achim and he said that there only is a theoretical chance to damage the Atari (not the cart!) and the text is mainly there due to legal reasons.

Believe me, if it said I had to stand on my head and whistle the main theme from Star Wars before programming the Krok, you better believe I'd be learning how to stand on my head right now. :D :D :D

Ah! I did not know that. It's good information to have, for sure. Thanks! :)

Not at all.

Ah! I did not know that. It's good information to have, for sure. Thanks! :)

Don't complain if your console dies :| There is only a very little risk if you do it like Thomas, but if VCS power is switched OFF and the Krokodile is powered you have a significant risk to damage your console. This is not only a theoretical risk. I damaged at least two consoles by doing that. You must not induce power into the vcs data and address bus while the vcs chips are not powered.

I got my krok cart today. THank you very much. easy to program :) im incredibly happy!!!

Great, glad to hear it arrived in Australia safely! :)

..Al

Since Canada is so much further away than Australia, more oceans need to be crossed, and we've got a free trade agreement, I'll be expecting mine in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. Long live Canada Post! ;)

5-11under

I got my krok cart today. THank you very much. easy to program :) im incredibly happy!!!

..Al

Since Canada is so much further away than Australia, more oceans need to be crossed, and we've got a free trade agreement, I'll be expecting mine in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. Long live Canada Post! ;)

5-11under

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous. Hope it arrives soon for you!

..Al

..Al

5-11under

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous. Hope it arrives soon for you!

..Al

Here here! I'll post when mine arrives as well...

• 1 year later...
I will make a list of people who are interested. And If I have the feeling that 25 could be sold, they will be available (most likely in the AtariAge store if Albert agrees)

Put on the list. I'll buy one 8)

Kind of sad....4.5 years later I actual start using my Kroko Cart. I finally dug out my Atari from Storage, as I hadn't seen it since I moved to PHX from Los Angeles

Busted mine out about 3 months ago. My young kids like to play. Just need another Wico stick!

I will make a list of people who are interested. And If I have the feeling that 25 could be sold, they will be available (most likely in the AtariAge store if Albert agrees)

Put on the list. I'll buy one 8)

Kind of sad....4.5 years later I actual start using my Kroko Cart. I finally dug out my Atari from Storage, as I hadn't seen it since I moved to PHX from Los Angeles

• 5 years later...

I know this topic is a bit old, but I have a "Krocodile Cartridge" (with cord) for sale as well as a first generation "Atarivox" and a "RIX C.A.T. Atari Jaguar BJL Adapter. It's been a few years since I've used any of these items thus I haven't recently tested it, but it worked just fine when I last used it... In that regard I'm selling the lot "as-is". It's been sitting in storage for a while now thus I decided to sell it.

I'm selling the whole lot for "$150" via PayPal (only); if anyone is interested, please PM me.

BTW: The Krocodile cartridge CD is in decent condition with some scuffs and scratches on it.

Thanks.

phlipj

post-3526-0-92962200-1420351751_thumb.jpg

post-3526-0-43651200-1420351753_thumb.png

post-3526-0-93908600-1420351754_thumb.png

post-3526-0-44721700-1420351760_thumb.png

Edited by philipj

I had a lot of fun this cartridge back when I bought it in 04 or 05 when it first came out... I've loaded a lot games including a lot of the homebrews that were out during that time... Same way with the RIX C.A.T. Jag adapter; I had to have "Protector SE" to work that one due to not having any soldering skills. I didn't want to break my Jaguar, but Protector SE was the quentessential thing to use before the Skunkboards came out. I'm selling them (Krocodile Cart) because I'm in need of the money and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Best regards;

phlipj

Man, I would have paid $150 for just the AtariVox back when I did not have one and was trying to build one from parts!

A few months back I paid around $140 for just the Krokodile Cartridge to play test Zippy The Porcupine because nothing else was out to load a 64K ROM.

Sorry for your money problems, and that I have recently acquired these items.

The fact that Harmony Encore and AtariVox+ are currently for sale on AtariAge means your timing couldn't be worse as far as hardware value. I don't have a Jaguar so I don't know the value of that item.

I'm trying to think of any advice to help you sell these.

-Maybe a hardware collector would value the first version of AtariVox?

-Maybe someone wants it to play a 64K Atari binary? (I did, but then Encore came out.)

-ebay? Maybe someone has Krokodile in their search alert (I did), and will bid or buy it?

Well the offer is still good for anyone who's interested... If anything, it makes a great collectors item and is still very useful. I have no more use for these things anymore so I'll profit from them one way or another. I couldn't think of a better place to make the offer then here at Atariage. My offer still stands.

Best regards;

philipj

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I would have paid $150 for just the AtariVox back when I did not have one and was trying to build one from parts!

A few months back I paid around $140 for just the Krokodile Cartridge to play test Zippy The Porcupine because nothing else was out to load a 64K ROM.

Sorry for your money problems, and that I have recently acquired these items.

The fact that Harmony Encore and AtariVox+ are currently for sale on AtariAge means your timing couldn't be worse as far as hardware value. I don't have a Jaguar so I don't know the value of that item.

I'm trying to think of any advice to help you sell these.

-Maybe a hardware collector would value the first version of AtariVox?

-Maybe someone wants it to play a 64K Atari binary? (I did, but then Encore came out.)

-ebay? Maybe someone has Krokodile in their search alert (I did), and will bid or buy it?

You did that just to test Zippy? I'm honored! I had no idea.

• Like 1