IGNORED

Unreleased Game You'd Like to See

Blany

I got interested in a new compiler for the Lynx and have been working on that lately.

Now I am getting quite familiar with it and I am transferring my Stardreamer work to this new compiler. The good thing is that it produces much smaller and faster code.

The problem I had in finishing Stardreamer was a multiplication bug close to the edge of every 16-bit boundary while flying in space. I still have not fixed it due to lack of time.

Once I get this bug fixed I should have all the pieces done like navigation, trading, shooting, looting and flying.

So to answer your question 80% and it may be finished in a few months.

After that some playtesting...

--

Regards,

Karri

The bug is not really a _bug_. Most of the calculations are carried out in 24 bits. But there is one matrix multiplication at the camera matrix transformation that uses 16 bit only. This "bug" appears every time you are in a different 16 bit segment than the object you are looking at.

The size of the object becomes too small or too large and the direction the object moves to is weird. Usually just the opposite to what it should be.

So I need to use software multiplications in one part of the code and I have not written it yet.

--

Karri

• 4 weeks later...

Going back to Road Riot: Yes, I don't think this game is really THAT uncommon nowadays. I has been available a long time and many lynxers/collectors have already bought it. Still it would be nice to see this game properly licensed and released in a nice box with documentation. Just like Loopz. Im sure it will happend to EOTB as well....some day.

Road Riot 4WD has, as mentioned above, some minor bugs. I don´t think the stearing is a big problem really. You just have to give it some time to get use to it. The biggest problem with Road Riot is the ending. I still get the black screen at the end EVEN if I win every race in the correct order :(

I got interested in a new compiler for the Lynx and have been working on that lately.

Now I am getting quite familiar with it and I am transferring my Stardreamer work to this new compiler. The good thing is that it produces much smaller and faster code.

The problem I had in finishing Stardreamer was a multiplication bug close to the edge of every 16-bit boundary while flying in space. I still have not fixed it due to lack of time.

Once I get this bug fixed I should have all the pieces done like navigation, trading, shooting, looting and flying.

So to answer your question 80% and it may be finished in a few month

After that some playtesting...

--

Regards,

Karri[/quot

great.i've been looking forward to this game for quite awhile now!hope you

do get it finished and out to us all.--the lynxer