IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

Hmm, strange assortment of mismatched pieces there:

21 Video Olympics cart, second run box (non-gatefold), instructions?

Indy 500 cart (numbered or not?), gatefold/numbered outer box, second run inner box (non-gatefold), instructions?

If you received this from a collector, it could be a case of them keeping the "best condition" item from several sets to end up with these mismatches.

If you received this from a non-collector, then whoever stocked the assembly line at Atari must have had leftover pieces from the first (gatefold stock) run when starting the second run.

I think someone on AA had posted they owned a 61 Basic Math in PAL format, but I could not find that post just now.

It was from the original owner, here's the auction. I noticed the 'Cherry Leisure' tape on the ned of the box and my hunch was right, it turned out to be PAL heavy sixer complete with original PSU and first version joysticks...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I didn't even notice the Indy 500 box was numbered, here's the original letter it was shipped with. Sometimes it pays to take a chance i guess...

post-3562-1123099443_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest:

We now have 850 different games in the database, give or take a few dead entries which I've yet to remove. Of these about 650 have photos!

Keep up the good work guys! Don't know about you but now when I need to find the rarity of a PAL cart on eBay it's one of the first places I look...!

Perhaps it's time to start thinking about merging with the AA database... but that kind of depends on Albert and people at AA, really....

I think someone on AA had posted they owned a 61 Basic Math in PAL format, but I could not find that post just now.

That'd be me, then! :)

I do indeed own a half-numbered Basic Math. I say half-numbered because the top label is the normal non-numbered font, while the end label is the 61 Basic Math.

I have yet to see a pure numbered PAL cart with my own eyes....

Rather than searching each page for a link, is there one for this PAL list? :ponder: I'm curious to see how many Red labeled games there are. :)

Incidentally, I promoted Vanguard to a 7 and Dig Dug to an 8 as I've not seen hide nor hair of either of these for a looong time now (and I've been looking - I only need Vanguard and Sentinel now to complete my red collection!)

Anybody disagree?

Incidentally, I promoted Vanguard to a 7 and Dig Dug to an 8 as I've not seen hide nor hair of either of these for a looong time now (and I've been looking - I only need Vanguard and Sentinel now to complete my red collection!)

Anybody disagree?

932499[/snapback]

Yes i do. I think that's too high. I've seen a couple of Vanguards and Dig Dugs this year. In my opinion an 8 is too high...

BTW could you add a function to the rarity list to list carts sorted by rarity? That is missing now ?`

Edited by YOK-dfa

Hi there!

There's 2 Dig Dug and 3 Vanguard on ebay.de right now and I don't think it's much different any other day of the year.

There are? I can only see the ultra-common silver label ones.... (which would be lucky to be rated 3! :) )

Oh... I'm sorry, I missed the part about red labels.

Greetongs,

Manuel

Anybody disagree?

932499[/snapback]

Yes i do. I think that's too high. I've seen a couple of Vanguards and Dig Dugs this year. In my opinion an 8 is too high...

Have to agree on the Dig Dug, I've seen at least 3 or 4 in the last year and picked one up for almost nothing. Never came across a Vanguard red though..

BTW could you add a function to the rarity list to list carts sorted by rarity? That is missing now ?`

932503[/snapback]

That would be a nice one. What I'd find even more interesting would be some kind of rating history for every cart. Just login name, date, previous + new rating and a comment line would be great..

Geert

So, is there a link for this PAL guide yet? Sorry, I didn't feel like looking through all 13 pages for it. :P

863312[/snapback]

Yes there is: http://www.retroreview.com/paldatabase/Index.php

Have fun!

Geert

863366[/snapback]

Wow, pretty cool, i was looking for a PAL rarity guide since AA doesnt list many PAL carts and there it is all along. Great work!

Wow, pretty cool, i was looking for a PAL rarity guide since AA doesnt list many PAL carts and there it is all along. Great work!

Yup, a number of people have put a lot of work into this database. Only thing to remember is that it is very much a work in progress, so the rarities are very subjective still. On the other hand, they seem about right for most of us PAL people. :) The plus side of this, of course, is that if something is clearly wrong then we can change it very quickly.