IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

It's ok with me, but i think the quantity field is pretty useless in this case...

The quantity field is just there as a guide... I'm not going to base any rarities on it but it should highlight any carts that are more or less common than expected... it can't take into account other factors like how good a game is, though - for instance, Pitfall may be owned by a lot despite being scarce (relatively speaking), simply because it's a good game, whereas a common game may be really bad so none of us have it.

The important part is the list of carts that exist, and the perceived rarity - I reckon between the 10 of us or whatever working on it we should be able to agree on rarities. :)

Ok, now how do i log in :? (you're fast BTW :) )

Anyway, i'll just ignore the quantity field for now (or is it linked to my loginname?). I already did put in a cart that wasn't in the database, but then i noticed my picture isn't that good. What are the 'rules' about that? I don't have a scanner, but i do have a digital camera. Are those pictures ok too?

Cheers,

Raymond

Ok, now how do i log in  :? (you're fast BTW :) )

The pages should redirect you to the right place. However, I just tried it with IE and surprise surprise it's non-compliant, so you can't. :)

If you use Opera then just type in your new username in the "Create User" field and press Enter.

Anyway, i'll just ignore the quantity field for now (or is it linked to my loginname?). I already did put in a cart that wasn't in the database, but then i noticed my picture isn't that good. What are the 'rules' about that? I don't have a scanner, but i do have a digital camera. Are those pictures ok too?

At the moment just the creator of the cart entry is stored - I don't think we need anything else yet!

Any picture is good - we can always upload better piccies as and when, but a poor piccy is better than none!

I'll fix that form entry thingy now.

I'm using Firefox. The create user thingy works (i get redirected) but if i want to log in a second time? the loginfield does not redirect me... (or can i just use create user again?)

edit:

*NEVER MIND* i just refreshed and suddenly two new buttons appeared :)

I'm using Firefox. The create user thingy works (i get redirected) but if i want to log in a second time? the loginfield does not redirect me... (or can i just use create user again?)

Not tested it with FireFox but it should be fine.

You should stay logged in. Heck, even bookmark it if you want - I'm just using a FORM GET method. Otherwise, when you go to the log in page, just put in your username where it says "User name:" and click "Log Me In!". That should do the trick. :)

just a note:

i did input all my Quelle carts into the main group as i don`t see a point to make a Quelle / Short group as there is no Quelle game which was released as short AND long cart.

I would still prefer them differently, for two reasons:

1) We can't be absolutely sure of that!

2) Consistency - by that means we shouldn't differentiate between, say, Fatal Run label and Slot Machine label - each of which only exist in one form.

AArrgh. I accidently created a wrong label (typed the cart name in the wrong field) How can i delete that. (or can you delete label Starpath/Steeplechase for me)

I'll do it.

I don't want to allow other people to allow labels as it would affect too much! Just ignore that label and I'll delete it now.

Oh, picture uploading works properly again now. :)

yes, but its also nice to know who possesses this cart too  :)

It would... but only for our interest. It wouldn't really be of any use to the guide, you see.

The problem is that to keep a record of who owns what, I would need a record of owned carts for each user, and the space it would take up would be too much for my limited disk space!

I'll have a look around and see if I can find a nice solution so we can do it though...

Wow, a lot has happened! I already had my collection entered the first day, so there won't be coming any new carts from me any more. I'll see what I can do about the pics. I have some Quelle (Short) games that probably don't have a pic yet. *goes to look*

Hey Buff, you "Mine-ed" quite some carts I added :P It's a "contributor" field, not an "I own this" field.