IGNORED

broken AVP cartridge?

hagbard

hello all i recently bought aliens vs predator off ebay and when ever i try and access the select a player screen the screen goes black im able to acess saved games but when ever i try to acess any other option in the start menu the game goes black with music only no on screen graphix my jaguar is new and im using the rca av cables and ive tried other games and they work fine only my AVP is having graphical problems if you can help me out email me for help thanks

posted here for kasch150, he didn't achived to login.

hello all i recently bought aliens vs predator off ebay and when ever i try and access the select a player screen the screen goes black im able to acess saved games but when ever i try to acess any other option in the start menu the game goes black with music only no on screen graphix my jaguar is new and im using the rca av cables and ive tried other games and they work fine only my AVP is having graphical problems if you can help me out email me for help thanks

have you tred to clear the carts memory? This how press *, Option and the # keys while your on the main game screen.

oh my god, i know i am a bitch when it comes down to using UPPERCASE letters, but have you heard of the invention of "," or "." ?!?!?

this is a pain in the ass to read!

Hello,

hello all i recently bought aliens vs predator off ebay and when ever i try and access the select a player screen the screen goes black

The Jaguar does a bit-by-bit check of the whole Jaguar cartridge at boot-up, and you get the famous red-screen if just a single bit is wrong. Thus, if the game gets past this screen, it's not damaged, no question of that.

However, a black screen at these points suggests more likely that the Jaguar is damaged, but if it's only this one game that fails, who knows. I suggest the game may just crash at any point, and it's only coincidence that it's when you pick the player. Leave it running for a while on the menu and see if it black screens anyway. Is the Jaguar PAL or NTSC?

There is another possibility, but I've not tried it. He doesn't have a BJL cable plugged into port 2 do you? I don't think it's relevant but in case...

If one starts-up Club Drive with a BJL cable in port 2, the joypad signal is recognised by Club Drive as being something special, and it plays the music, but halts the game. Likewise, if you plug in the cable at any time, it resets back to the boot-up part of the game. (It would be nice to think it's looking for a steering wheel... but I think it's just a bug triggered by having so many signals from the BJL looking like button presses.) Most games do not display this behaviour, but a couple do something similar.

Cheers,

JustClaws.