IGNORED

Chronicles Of Ataria

matzieq

This is an early version of my second game. I think it's a great leap forward, compared to AOTM AFOS. For further details, refer to manual (attached with the bin).

All suggestions and merciles critics are kindly welcome. However, there's one particular thing that I'd like to know.

In this version, game requires 2 joysticks to play. There are people who dislike this control method very much.

So I'd be very grateful if you people test it and tell me what you think about it - I'm not sure if I should change it, as I like it this way.

Note that this is an early version: unoptimized and probably full of bugs. And it's my second Atari 2600 program...

Anyway, if this game provides any fun, I'm glad :)

Maciej

chronicles.zip

WHOA!! That's pretty dang cool!

What does the second joystick control??

Is this a game similar to Raiders Of The lost Ark with an inventory and a definate ending to the game?

I hope you continue to work on this game, it shows alot of potential !

Thanks for sharing.

I have new aim in my life: to become an unbelievably rich businessman and buy Atari from these bloodsuckers.

Guess I should really change this to Taria.

And what about the gods: Bushan and Nolnell, and the dwarven smith Frev de Stisco? Are they also dangerous?

moycon said:

WHOA!! That's pretty dang cool! ...  I hope you continue to work on this game, it shows alot of potential !  

Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't agree more! I will be watching this one!

8) :thumbsup:

the manual said:

WARNING

This version of the game comes without guaranteeing it to be any fun. Play at your own responsibility.

Nonsense! While incomplete, this game is still very much fun to play!

or this ;)

Dam ci szpryce z aidsem, bo masz syfa to razem będą kurwy chodzić

Note that I know no Polish, only used Google to find these. Would like to learn but with my current attempt to learn the Cyrlic alpha and Russian, I think i would get overloaded

(translations)

1. If I'm to meet someone like you in heaven, I'd rather go to hell.

2. I'm going inject you with AIDS because, having syphilis already, will make those two whores dance together.

any screen shots anywhere?

Here are some.

The animated one is to illustrate a glitch that I found in the game that I am not sure whether matzieq is aware of or not. Sometimes if you fall off a ledge and immediately push back in the direction of the ledge, you will land on an invisible ledge directly below it.

Also, I'm a little unsure about the icons at the bottom of the screen. I understand the heart containers are your health, and I think that the smiley characters are your life... but when I pass a screen, another grey smiley shows on the bottom of the screen - what does this one mean?

When I fall off a ledge, I lose a life and start again, but when I am killed by an enemy, the game locks and I have to push the reset button twice to begin a new game... is this intentional? Maybe it is something I'm doing wrong? I am using z26... perhaps Stella runs the ROM differently?

Yes - Single joystick combinations are easier to get used to IMHO.

I agree, although, with foot pedal in the second controller slot might make the 2 controller combination interesting. :-)

Any chance of this having a 2-player option?... looking forward to future versions.

About the icons: everything works (almost) well. I must write more detailed manual:)

The hearts are your one and only health. After the last one is lost - it's game over, that's why game locks. Pressing the reset once brings you to 'select' mode, where you can choose starting level by pressing select button, and reset pressed second time starts the game.

The flask-like objects are your healing spells - use them to revive lost hearts.

The yellow blurs are not lives, but your remaining fireball spells.

The x-shaped objects are your invulnerability spells.

A gray object on the middle bottom means, you will be granted a bonus spell after finishing this level.

Everything clear?

And about the bug: yes I'm aware of it, but I fight with it since long ago without results :(

Everything clear?  

Thanks for the explanation. Sometimes I amaze myself at how dense I can be. LOL! :lolblue:

This game rules so much! I haven't yet cast a fireball or a spell of invulnerability. I have only earned healing spells so far; I've desperately needed them! :-) When I was last slain, I was just about to earn a diamond-shaped (fireball?) shard. I'm gradually getting better, but those other knights keep beating me down! I have a strategy though! :twisted:

The new controls are great, BTW. :thumbsup:

There is nothing special about the fireball, believe me: it's just a plain line being shot :P But at higher levels monsters begin shooting too. And after that they become invisible and appear only when they try to hit you. And after that.... okay, there's one more monster's magic power, but I'm not sure if there are some levels that have it in this version. It's implemented and working though.

Thank you all for your feedback! I'm glad that you like this game (I didn't really expect so much feedback) :)

And those enemies aren't influenced by Archon, however when I think of it, you're right:) Actually, their shape is not very thinked out, just written some 0s and 1s to display something :)