IGNORED

Anyone ever own the Hands-Free handicapped NES controller?

Adrian M

You know the one I'm referring to. They had pics of it in the earliest issues of Nintendo Fun Club News (pre Nintendo Power for those of you who were late to jump on the NES bandwagon in the 80's). A handicapped kid (or adult) would strap on this chest module and control the joystick with his chin, whilst activating the A and B buttons using "puff" and "sip" commands via a straw-like apparatus inserted in his/her mouth.

Not very hygenic to say the least and probably not a good way for a gimp to play games like say, Star Soldier or Commando (I can just imagine the poor kid puffing and sipping like mad to fire continuous streams of bullets and passing out in the process! :D ). But what intersted me most was that in the earliest article, they stated that this was only avaialable direct from Nintendo and that it came bundled with a game or two.

Now, did anyone ever buy one of these direct? Which games came with it? From an operational standpoint, how effective was it?

Gimp?   Very nice.

Yeah, I was just about to make a similar comment. :|

-S

I meant to take that out after typing my original message, but for some reason I left it in.

Regardless, let's not be so P.C. and all that. Now, anyone know anything more about the Hands Free controller?

Gimp?   Very nice.

-S

I meant to take that out after typing my original message, but for some reason I left it in.

Regardless, let's not be so P.C. and all that. Now, anyone know anything more about the Hands Free controller?

PC or not dude, realize there are people that might be offended by that. I looked into this thread, not because I have an NES, but because my 11 year old daughter is a "gimp". That controller might be an interesting alternatitive someday as her condition progresses.

At any rate, it's not a big deal, before I had a handicapped child I would occasionally use terms like that myself. And I agree on the surface it seems a little too "PC" to talk about it, but if your life were affected by someone handicapped at least know it can seem cruel to use those kind of words.

PC or not dude,  realize there are people that might be offended by that.  I looked into this thread, not because I have an NES, but because my 11 year old daughter is a "gimp".  That controller might be an interesting alternatitive someday as her condition progresses.

At any rate,  it's not a big deal,  before I had a handicapped child I would occasionally use terms like that myself.  And I agree on the surface it seems a little too "PC" to talk about it, but if your life were affected by someone handicapped at least know it can seem cruel to use those kind of words.

Ah well. A mistake has been made. Forgive and forget, I say.

Dictionaries define a gimp as "someone who walks with a limp".  So I don't see how derogatory that term is really.  

You ask me, it's bound to offend less people than having "Gettin' blown" as your custom status

Gimp has a double meaning. Ever seen someone covered in all leather? :ponder:

Dictionaries define a gimp as "someone who walks with a limp".  So I don't see how derogatory that term is really.  

You ask me, it's bound to offend less people than having "Gettin' blown" as your custom status

The dictionary doesn't define a douche as being a derogatory comment either but nobody wants to be referred to as a douche.

Whatever, I'll drop it and go find something else of interest.

PC or not dude,  realize there are people that might be offended by that.  I looked into this thread, not because I have an NES, but because my 11 year old daughter is a "gimp".  That controller might be an interesting alternatitive someday as her condition progresses.

At any rate,  it's not a big deal,  before I had a handicapped child I would occasionally use terms like that myself.  And I agree on the surface it seems a little too "PC" to talk about it, but if your life were affected by someone handicapped at least know it can seem cruel to use those kind of words.

Ah well. A mistake has been made. Forgive and forget, I say.

Is this an apology? If so, that's about the lamest apology I've ever heard. Calling someone a gimp is pretty offensive in my book.

Is this an apology?  If so, that's about the lamest apology I've ever heard.  Calling someone a gimp is pretty offensive in my book.

So what? Stop being so thin-skinned!

If you find it degrading or offensive, move on.

This from someone who goes crying to the mods every time something doesn't go his way and gets offended when someone says Microsoft sucks when he says the same exact thing about Sony. You have to be the biggest hypocrite on these boards. Try saying something other than "Stop being so thin-skinned" when you KNOW you fucked up for a change.

Is this an apology?  If so, that's about the lamest apology I've ever heard.  Calling someone a gimp is pretty offensive in my book.

So what? Stop being so thin-skinned!

If you find it degrading or offensive, move on.

This from someone who goes crying to the mods every time something doesn't go his way and gets offended when someone says Microsoft sucks when he says the same exact thing about Sony. You have to be the biggest hypocrite on these boards. Try saying something other than "Stop being so thin-skinned" when you KNOW you fucked up for a change.

Actually, I don't go crying to the Mods. I'm not sure where you come up with that. I did report Moycon once, but of course, the mods did nothing about it.

And when someone says that Microsoft sucks, I just shake my head and laugh at the poor souls who think this way.

So anyway, a gimp is a gimp. No sense candy-coating it.

And stop being so thin-skinned. :D

Gimp?   Very nice.

-S

PC or not dude, realize there are people that might be offended by that. I looked into this thread, not because I have an NES, but because my 11 year old daughter is a "gimp". That controller might be an interesting alternatitive someday as her condition progresses.

At any rate, it's not a big deal, before I had a handicapped child I would occasionally use terms like that myself. And I agree on the surface it seems a little too "PC" to talk about it, but if your life were affected by someone handicapped at least know it can seem cruel to use those kind of words.

Since Adrian has the mental maturity of a 5 y.o, don't take anything he says seriously. He won't apologize because he'd rather try and start a flame war while he sits there masturbating to this thread and NE's avatar. He's right, move on and add him to your ignore list in the process like so many others have and hopefully one day in the not too distant future, he'll see his IP blocked.