IGNORED

Anyone ever own the Hands-Free handicapped NES controller?

Adrian M

So anyway, a gimp is a gimp.  No sense candy-coating it.  

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any more offensive you post something like this.

Of course the thought does occur to me that you in fact have no interest in this particular handicapped controller and only posted this in an effort to get everyone stirred up

If there's one thing that I've always enjoyed about AA, it's the drama!  

-S

-S

So anyway, a gimp is a gimp. No sense candy-coating it.  

And stop being so thin-skinned.  

Regardless if I am classified as "handicapped" or a "gimp" because I don't walk well that wasn't a very nice thing to say. I thank God I am alive at all and wouldn't wish that kind of extreme pain on anyone. I have a high personal regard for a lot of people on these forums whether I have met them in person or not. Your comments are really falling short of even the "respect" threshold.

Well, all I can say is I am sure if a few people don't have you on ignore yet and read that comment that they would love to see just how thin your skin really is. Personally at this moment I am glad I am looking at a virtual forum on my computer screen. :)

......Moving along now.

Actually I did have an interest in the Hanicapped NES controller in that I was wondering which games came packaged with it.

But once again, the babies in this forum started to cry and complain about my accidental usage of the word gimp in the initial message. You guys get so riled up over nothing. Sad really.

But yes, the ensuing drama is always good for a cheap laugh! :D

Dictionaries define a gimp as "someone who walks with a limp".  So I don't see how derogatory that term is really.  

You ask me, it's bound to offend less people than having "Gettin' blown" as your custom status

That's how the dictionary defines it, but that's clearly not how it was meant. You'd have to be a pretty callous individual not to see that.

Sometimes the comments here don't surprise me considering the individual.

Sometimes they do.

Actually I did have an interest in the Hanicapped NES controller in that I was wondering which games came packaged with it.  

But once again, the babies in this forum started to cry and complain about my accidental usage of the word gimp in the initial message.  You guys get so riled up over nothing.  Sad really.

But yes, the ensuing drama is always good for a cheap laugh!  :D

No, what's truly sad is that when all you had to do is apologize, instead turned your own thread, which could have been an informative thread into another stupid flame war and that you actually enjoyed doing this.

Sometimes the comments here don't surprise me considering the individual.

Case in point...

But once again, the babies in this forum started to cry and complain about my accidental usage of the word gimp in the initial message.  You guys get so riled up over nothing.  Sad really.

Coming from someone whos been banned (and wouldn't be terribly missed if he were again) I'll take that with the old grain of salt.

While normally I do my best to ignore Adrian this is one that I just must comment on.

1) you complain about being PC, well it is because of insensative, assholes like yourself that the rest of the world now has to moderate their language.

2) Even a baby as you called the rest of us knows when we've f'ed up but apparently you have yet to even reach that level of compentance to see that you have insulted not only one person but quite a few and can't even be man enough to make an appology you just compound the issue with further ignorance

3) All I can say is I hope to GOD that no hardship ever befalls you because then you might be forced to see just how inapproiate and krass your comments were.

4) You may pity the poor soul who don't agree with your M$ p.o.v. but I truly pity you if this is how you deal with people, and if you can't see just how poorly a human your comments make you out to be.

And figgler you would do well to jump off this sinking ship, defending adrian isn't always the brightest of moves (just a lil FYI)

No, what's truly sad is that when all you had to do is apologize, instead turned your own thread, which could have been an informative thread into another stupid flame war and that you actually enjoyed doing this.

Apologize for what?

I admitted to making the mistake (not editing out the "gimp" part before posting the initial message). I don't see that as a reason for apologizing. I've seen worse comments made on this board with no ill consequences either.

But, if you children are going to get all upset over seemingly nothing by posting your hatred, then of course I'll simply sit back and enjoy the ride as yet another thread degrades into a flame war.

While normally I do my best to ignore Adrian this is one that I just must comment on.

1) you complain about being PC, well it is because of insensative, assholes like yourself that the rest of the world now has to moderate their language.

Insensitive? Using the term gimp?

Be quiet and stop pretending to be such a victim over nothing.

2) Even a baby as you called the rest of us knows when we've f'ed up but apparently you have yet to even reach that level of compentance to see that you have insulted not only one person but quite a few and can't even be man enough to make an appology you just compound the issue with further ignorance

The difference is, this is just an internet messageboard. Text on a screen, if you will.

3) All I can say is I hope to GOD that no hardship ever befalls you because then you might be forced to see just how inapproiate and krass your comments were.

Does not apply

4) You may pity the poor soul who don't agree with your M$ p.o.v. but I truly pity you if this is how you deal with people, and if you can't see just how poorly a human your comments make you out to be.

I'm actually a very nice person and well respected. Tis great fun to come here and watch you people overreact over the slightest thing. You guys react exactly as expected too! :twisted:

I had never heard of the word and I'm glad it isn't part of my vocabulary. The Oxford American Dictionary pretty clearly defines it as slang/derogatory for "a cripple". Did you really mean to belittle people that are disabled through absolutely no fault of their own?

Insensitive?  Using the term gimp?    

Would you walk up to a person who was paralysed and confined to a wheelchair and call them a "gimp"? I would hope that you wouldn't. So yes, this is a very insensitve word. You should be ashamed of yourself, but instead you're gleefull over upsetting so many people.

The difference is, this is just an internet messageboard. Text on a screen, if you will.

What you seem incapable of grasping is that those words on your screen represent actual human beings.

-S