IGNORED

The Art of Sears is now up

Tempest

I finally got my Art of Sears page up and running. Basically it's a page dedicated to somparing the unique Sears Tele-Games artwork to it's more common Atari counterpart. Just for fun I've thrown in a few of my random ramblings that occured to me as I was putting the pictures up. So take a look and tell me what you think:

The Art of Sears

And while your there, take a look at the rest of my new page. I've got all the pages up, and I'm in the process of adding new material.

8-Bit Rot

Tempest

Cool! And yes,the airmen did drop single bombs from the bi-planes in WWI("The war to end all wars"!?)I started off with no Sears carts a year ago,and now I am very close to having complete collection of both picture labels(hard to find) and text labels(easy to find);it can be done with some patience and luck.Now I am starting to look into getting the instruction manuals for the games too,for the reason you posted---the different artwork...

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

I finally got my Art of Sears page up and running. Tempest

This page is awesome! I laughed more than I have ever laughed related to anything classic gaming! Your commentary is so damn funny, and highly observant.

I'll never look at this artwork the same way again.

Thanks for all the positive replies. I'm wanted to do a page like this for ahwile, but I couldn't find a format that worked. If anyone has any pictures I'm missing (Brain Games for instance), please let me know. I usually use pictures of the instruction manuals since they're bigger than the carts, and not all carts came with a picture label.

Tempest

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

You know whats funny is when I was 11 I used to hate my Sears carts because I thought they were cheaper, cheesier versions of the atari originals.

My first console was a Sears and all my original carts (like Circus etc.) were the Sears versions. I couldn't understand why my friends (or the versions I saw in the Atari catalogs) looked different, and better in my mind. So I felt ripped off.

Anyway, the happy ending is of course I still have all of them.

Nice page by the way.