IGNORED

Nastiest eBay Seller

Mindfield

So I was checking out this auction. Nice lot, all told, but the shipping was horrible. Then I noticed the seller's feedback and read through it a bit -- nasty! Almost Zathras_eleven calibre. Of particular note, however, was this pleasant exchange:

iconNeg_16x16.gif Had to e-mail about shipping. Said "5 business days." Sent 7-9 days later.

Reply by lizcamp2: PLEASE DIE NEW EBAYER FROM HELL.YOU GOT YOUR ORDER.NO NEGATIVE.IDIOT DIE PLEASE.

:o

More pearls of wisdom...

iconNeg_16x16.gif Item never recieved. Waited 2 months. Do NOT use this seller. Not the only one.

Reply by lizcamp2: SOMEONE KILL ME.PLEASE.SHIPS MEDIA.TAKES A WHILE.CONFIRMED EN ROUTE.HATE NEWBIES

iconNeg_16x16.gif I paid with PayPal on 9/12 and never received the item. Bad Seller

Reply by lizcamp2: another low rating user who has no patience.get off ebay or die.shipped,cofirm

iconNeg_16x16.gif stole my money and i never receive my item

Reply by lizcamp2: BAD BIDDER.NON PAYMENT.ANOTHER NEW EBAYER LOSER PSYCHO.I AM CURSED.NON PAYMENT

Oh, and his/her feedback to others is an equally fun read...

iconNeg_16x16.gif IDIOT EBAYER WITH NO BUYING HISTORY.YOU GOT IT.DIE.NEGATIVE IS FOR THEFT.

iconNeg_16x16.gif DIE NEW EBAYER FROM HELL.YOU GOT YOUR ITEM.NOBODY STOLE FROM YOU.THAT IS FOR NEG

Reply by cha0sc0ntr0ller: Never said you stole. I said you shipped it 2-4 days late. You were late.

Follow-up by lizcamp2: SO WHAT.YOU GOT IT.LEARN HOW TO EBAY.NOTHING IS PERFECT.NOT A MOVIE REVIEW

My favourite...

iconNeg_16x16.gif chompa wompa doopeedee doo.we make chocolate.not for you.wompa wompa

Reply by gothic_knights: Couldn't leave anything bad so he left this? Worst seller I have EVER dealt with

It never ceases to amaze me how sellers can get (and give) so many negs and not begin to get the sneaking suspicion that maybe, just maybe they're doing something wrong. For cryin' out loud it takes effort to accumulate such horrible feedback. And the "DIE" comments -- that's definitely against eBay policy, and possibly a state law or two. If you read their feedback chronoligically you can seen an obvious pattern of escalation in the nastiness of their comments, and yet, with persistent, mind-numbing stupidity, they patently refuse to take any steps whatsoever to try and prevent the same sort of crap from happening again! No stipulations that newbies are required to notify them before bidding -- or even that newbies under a certain level of feedback are even allowed to bid. No bid cancellations, no bidding rules -- nothing. And the constant complaints of late shipping -- they don't even seem to think there's anything wrong with that! "So What?," "Nothing's perfect," etc.

Good lord. This is a psychologist's retirement fund.

Here is a link to negatives left by this seller.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=...p2&Dirn=Left+by

Here is link to negatives received by the seller.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=...irn=Received+by

They also post nasty followups.

This site is good to check negs thru

http://www.toolhaus.org/

kay so let me get these new eBay rules straight....

- Matt auctioning off one of his extra 5200 prototypes in a fair and sincere auction.... BAD (ebay finds this sort of transaction worty of banning.)

- Selling someone a game system, not sending it, and upon getting called on your BS ways telling them to slip in a puddle of aids and DIE..... GOOD!

kay so let me get these new eBay rules straight....

-  Matt auctioning off one of his extra 5200 prototypes in a fair and sincere auction.... BAD (ebay finds this sort of transaction worty of banning.)

- Selling someone a game system, not sending it, and upon getting called on your BS ways telling them to slip in a puddle of aids and DIE..... GOOD!

As a programmer myself (and knowing how easy it would be for eBay to somewhat automate this process), the mind boggles at eBay's selective enforcement of their rules. Some prototype auctions get through, others get nuked. The same is true with many other types of auctions that break eBay's rules. Some they discover and stop, others just go to their conclusion. Even auctions that are very obviously breaking eBay's rules and using words in the description and title that should raise red flags often get by unscathed.

Now, it would be VERY EASY for eBay to immediately flag "questionable" auctions, such as those that the word "prototype" in them, for review by a human who can then decide whether the auction should be ended. I think what happens most of the time is people are reporting auctions, and that is probably how many of them get eBay's attention before getting nuked. Certainly this has been the case with some (many?) prototype auctions in the past.

How someone who is making death threats via feedback is allowed to continue to participate on eBay (especially with SO MANY negatives left and received) is astounding. But hey, the seller's bringing in lots of money for eBay, so I feel eBay often turns a blind eye to stuff like this unless it is excruciatingly bad. Not in all cases, but I've seen so much abuse on eBay that is allowed by eBay to continue, that's the only conclusion I can draw. Certainly it is not because eBay can't afford to police their auctions.

..Al