Sign in to follow this  
Albert

Krokodile Cartridge Label Contest - Winner Selected!

Just curious but won't the final product have to be free of copyrighted material such as Fijis, Atari logos (in Atari font at least), and the like?

Lord knows that I like the retro-look stuff but in light of some recent events I'm assuming that they won't be able to be used.

Just a reminder to please not use artwork you may discover floating around the net unless you own the copyright on it (you created the image) or you have received permission by the copyright holder to use the image. Also, please do not use the Atari logo in any submissions, since the Atari logo is trademarked by Atari and they are actively protecting it (I need to update the contest rules to reflect this).

Thanks!

..Al

by "atari logo" do you mean the fuji or the text "Atari" in the "SF Atarian" font?

by "atari logo" do you mean the fuji or the text "Atari" in the "SF Atarian" font?

Mainly the logo, although the word "Atari" in the "SF Atarian" font should probably only be used to describe that the cartridge is for the "Atari 2600".

..Al

*sigh* i miss the good ole' days of 2002 when we could get away w/ whatever we wanted.

I think I'm addicted to this contest..... here's 3 more entries. All based off of my third entry's design.

Justin

post-4261-1099334117_thumb.png

Also, please do not use the Atari logo in any submissions, since the Atari logo is trademarked by Atari and they are actively protecting it (I need to update the contest rules to reflect this).

Should we re-submit edited versions, or not bother unless one of those labels actually wins?

Also, please do not use the Atari logo in any submissions, since the Atari logo is trademarked by Atari and they are actively protecting it (I need to update the contest rules to reflect this).

Should we re-submit edited versions, or not bother unless one of those labels actually wins?

If you resubmit edited versions, I will replace them with the ones already up on the contest page. Likewise, if a submitted label with the Atari logo is selected as the winner, we'll ask the artist to remove the logo.

..Al

Here's mine - I'm a real novice at this, but I really dig these contests.

Quick note: I think that Justin Scott's "2001" cartridges (or whatever that is) are the most visually interesting ones that I've seen. Kudos!

post-5891-1099417103_thumb.png

post-5891-1099417104_thumb.png

I just read the parts that I skipped over when I was looking at the other submissions. WRT the Fuji and the Atari name and whatnot, it looks like my first entry is probably hosed. )!*#%)!#*%)#(*

Anyways, this one has Fuji on it too, with the word atari from the SF Atarian font. I'll have to go back and edit it later.

post-5891-1099418949_thumb.png

post-5891-1099418950_thumb.png

I just read the parts that I skipped over when I was looking at the other submissions.  WRT the Fuji and the Atari name and whatnot, it looks like my first entry is probably hosed.  )!*#%)!#*%)#(*

Yeah, I really like that design as it's nice and clean, but it would not be wise for us to use it, as the fuji logo is very prominently featured.

Anyways, this one has Fuji on it too, with the word atari from the SF Atarian font.  I'll have to go back and edit it later.

If you remove the Fuji logo on the one, perhaps stating "ATARI 2600" instead, it will be fine. Also, when you're satisfied with your entries, please email them to [email protected] Thanks!

..Al

Homebrew Logo - You know what they say, the best way to predict the future is to create it.

My humble suggestion for a homebrew logo, released into the public domain - use, abuse, ignore.

post-5891-1099430120_thumb.png

A couple of the recent additions have a date of 2002, so sorting by date puts them at the wrong end of the list.

Thanks Nathan, I fixed this so they are now 2004. I also added two new entries, from Adam Gurno and Blair Williams. :)

..Al