IGNORED

XYBOTS by TENGEN for the NES

Shawn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well there has to be at least some word of the ROM, as a FAQ exists for it for the NES.

I'd love to be able to play xybots on the go with my GBA...

I'm still hoping its out there. Bet it's sitting in a batch of chips with hellraiser WIP right next to it. Also who is the touch hole that started this thread? :ponder:

I might have the source code to this in my archive. I'll have to take a look later tonight. I also have the source to Millipede, which was going to be a tengen release.

Hehe, awesome. Please take a look... I know its out there, or else there wouldn't be a FAQ on it on GameFAQs.com, and yes, its different than the one for the arcade.

A prototype exists, I've seen screenshots of the game. I was told that it was very close to being finished but never was.

Tempest

Isn't Hellraiser also like 30 percent done but most of it was engine and not game play?

30% may be generous. From what I've read they took so long getting the special hardware for the game going (something with extra memory and weird bankswitching) that they never got to developing the game. I think they had some kind of engine started, but no gameplay. The title screen that they keep showing was done on a computer (an Amiga?).

Tempest

Well there has to be at least some word of the ROM, as a FAQ exists for it for the NES.

I'd love to be able to play xybots on the go with my GBA...

I'm still hoping its out there. Bet it's sitting in a batch of chips with hellraiser WIP right next to it. Also who is the touch hole that started this thread? :ponder:

Nope, hellraiser was destroyed by the jesus freak who bought out wisdom tree games....

A prototype exists, I've seen screenshots of the game. I was told that it was very close to being finished but never was.

Tempest

Any reason why it hasn't been dumped yet? Or is it because that just like other NES prototypes, people get too stingy and don't share?

• 3 weeks later...

keilbaca: What is that supposed to mean? Who is "too stingy" and does not share? Or are you just making up stuff you "hear" about the NES community? I know a lot of people don't want to pay $1000 for a prototype and dump it for free if they don't get a donation of some sort.

2 copies of Xybots exist in prototype format for the NES. I have one of them.

keilbaca: What is that supposed to mean? Who is "too stingy" and does not share? Or are you just making up stuff you "hear" about the NES community? I know a lot of people don't want to pay $1000 for a prototype and dump it for free if they don't get a donation of some sort.

Meh. Who cares about the NES version, the Lynx version kicks so much butt...

So how complete is it? I was told that it is fully playable, but lacks polish.

Tempest

No, that just seems to be the general attitude I have seen at DP.

I'll gladly donate some money for you to dump the rom. I want to play Xybots on the go on my GBA, and it would be too cool if you could make it happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kind of hard to pay big money for an unreleased game only to turn around and dump it. Usually comes at a price. Either that or it's a game that someone has had for a very long time and just decides to do so. I know of one Xybots proto in existence and it's owned by dreamtr. I didn't know a second was discovered. I'll have to add that to my proto list.

• 1 month later...